Car info

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Car info

Post by Kev L »

Anyone on here familiar with current ICE? I recently bought a Mercedes C230 coupe which has the audio 20 system fitted, but I want Bluetooth for my smartphone and was wondering if anyone has had experience of either the Merc Comand system or one of the after market android style head units that offer radio/cd/dvd/sat nav/ Bluetooth etc etc.
How easy-difficult they are to fit etc. Just asking!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Murv

Re: Car info

Post by Murv »

Hi Kev, don't know if this is of any help but I recently fitted an Alpine bluetooth head unit in my Wife's car.
What surprised me with it is that unlike when I last played around a lot with car audio, everything now seems to be standardised so it was simply unplug the old one, and plug the new one straight in.
Her car is a 2003 so it's an old car, but previously I'd only ever played around with cars from the 70's & 80's where you had to wire everything yourself.
Fitting the thing literally took 5 minutes, then another 5 minutes to sync it to her phone.

I need to replace the stereo in my old Audi as the CD player multichanger has packed up and will probably go for one of those Android double din units, they look amazing for the money.

I've got a Parrot bluetooth connector in my car, that links the stereo to bluetooth so it gives me a hands free system but it's nowhere near as neat as the new integrated systems.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Cheers mate, i'm in the same boat. Last time I did anything with a car stereo was on my Capri 1600 Gt xlr back in the 70's. My last three have all had Bury or Nokia ntergrated systems.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
slower110

Post by slower110 »

What year car have you got Kev? I have the Comand system in my car, it's excellent for what I use it for, playing cd's and the occasional sat nav! I did look into getting the Bluetooth pairing device for my phone a while ago but from what I read the geniune Merc device does not recognise all phones these days, yep mine was on the list that people had problems with.

The device itself just plugs into the adapter in the centre console armrest (not sure if yours will be the same), easy.