Hyperpro

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
vtrjock

Hyperpro

Post by vtrjock »

Has anyone used these prog fork springs and if so how did you find them in the storm? Had nice results using them in RF900s.
tony.mon

Re: Hyperpro

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, I've fitted several sets over the years, nice action and well worth the asking price.
Coupled with 7.5 weight oil and a 135 or 130 or so air gap they work well straight out the box.

Recommended.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Nice one, cheers Tony.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv just had a fork service and total rebuild and dropped a set in, havent had much chance yet to try them but thy seem much better than stock so far. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Sweet :thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ive always been a fan.
Like you,, I had them in an RF 900 and since then I've also put them in the Firestorm and the SP.
They just work :thumbup:
I'd love to try a back to back test against a set of Rogered forks and get some real feed back :think:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well i had mine out on sunday and done 200 miles and ,give them a dam good testing and my bike feels transformed :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: over the moon what a set of well sorted forks does to a storm..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Interesting .. im looking at options for this at the mo .. can you guys say what kind of riding you do just road or odd track day ?? .. im wanting to put in a set of usd forks next year maybe but got the original forks in pieces for a rebuild and have been told the valving really needs changed rather than the spring .. however that comes from the rebuilders and i guess they would say that .. lol
what other mods or changes did you guys do aswell as the hyperpro springs.
cheers
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Try hyperpro springs then see if you need more...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Geordie wrote:Interesting .. im looking at options for this at the mo .. can you guys say what kind of riding you do just road or odd track day ?? .. im wanting to put in a set of usd forks next year maybe but got the original forks in pieces for a rebuild and have been told the valving really needs changed rather than the spring .. however that comes from the rebuilders and i guess they would say that .. lol
what other mods or changes did you guys do aswell as the hyperpro springs.
cheers
Geordie,
I do fast road and the odd track day, and still have the std front end on mine with the following mods:

uprated linear springs to suit my weight, 7.5wt oil, Roger D mods [rebound adjuster taper, extra drill hole in the main tube and I think he modified the shim stack]. then I added a fork brace.

end results are a major transformation to the front end, and the speed at which it starts to get out of shape has gone up by over 20mph.

if I were to fit USD front end, it would still need to have the spring / damping modified to suit, so I am more than Happy with the way it works now, especially with the Nitron rear shock
AMcQ