The twins :-)

General Bike chat
Miztaziggy

The twins :-)

Post by Miztaziggy »

Since the weather's picking up, thought I would get the bikes out, give them both a service, set up the suspension, clean and grease the chains and do a few other little jobs that needed doing.
Swapped the wheels over to check the brake discs on all 4 sets of wheels and they're all good which is a relief.

The blue one is my brother's new bike. He purposely bought the same as mine so we can get 1 set of spare bits between us for the track such as rear sets, clip ons, engine covers etc.

Roll on the nice weather and track time now :)

Oh 1 thing I thought of was my bro's bike is quite a bit louder than mine. It's a Yoshimura Tri-oval, doesn't look to have a baffle. It's got quite a big opening, but no screw hole to fix a removable baffle.
Do I remember right that someone on here sells universal baffle things to screw into the end of an exhaust somehow??

ATM

Re: The twins :-)

Post by ATM »

Just get a DB killer readily available on ebay or most trackday organisers sell them. Drill a hole in the underside of the outlet tube for the retaining screw/nut and you may have to make up a spacer to get the baffle to sit in the middle if you have OCD like me. They come in different sizes so measure the bore of the outlet and get one to match. Simples.
If you've over-cooked it, just lean it over more.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Try this place Mizta....http://www.pjengineering.co.uk/categories.php?cat=9

I got a set for my Harris cans...just for MOT's :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Glad to see your brother got a proper GSXR in blue white... The only colour :thumbup:
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote: The only colour :thumbup:
Bah...

It is nice in that colour though. Shame I won't see much of it as I don't use my mirrors on track days :-)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

So it'll all be down to the rider now :thumbup: unless you both get stuck behind me again [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk