Shipping recomendations for bike parts

Best deals in town
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Shipping recomendations for bike parts

Post by firestorm_al »

I have finally decided to have a clear out of all the bike parts for bikes that I haven't owned in years and am looking for recommendations for companies to use. The bulkiest items I have are wheels, exhausts and forks (all non-VTR I am afraid).

Cheers,

Al.
lloydie

Re: Shipping recomendations for bike parts

Post by lloydie »

Post office . Is the only one I trust .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

firestorm_al wrote:I have finally decided to have a clear out of all the bike parts for bikes that I haven't owned in years and am looking for recommendations for companies to use. The bulkiest items I have are wheels, exhausts and forks (all non-VTR I am afraid).

Cheers,

Al.

I use i-post for most of my stuff, there is a depot near where I work so can drop off so saving a £1 a time, although they do pick up. Next day delivery & apparently they do Saturday delivery now as well.

Sent a set of Storm wheels out for less than £10. Price is box size + weight...so something big but light like headers it's priced on the box size, rather than the weight.

http://www.ipostparcels.com/
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

post office is fine for smaller boxes, but anything large and it's too expensive, I recently went to post a givi rack, smallish box and exactly 5kg....£17 :eek2
ended up using a courier with full insurance for under £7 and that was collected as well. I would rather use royal mail, but they just can't justify some of their prices.
on the other hand, I recently sent our fav Canadian a box of goodies and it came to just over £20 with the royal mail. just makesme wonder where they got a price of £16 for the givi rack.... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

sorry to butt in but how would I send a ambulance stretcher bed?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bazzashadow wrote:sorry to butt in but how would I send a ambulance stretcher bed?
by ambulance of course........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't think he can stretch that far. :lol:

Post office for trust and reliability but costly especially if you add insurance and then the smaller private companies for smaller items as AP says. Use the comparison sites like the one Mac linked too or parcel2go

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:I don't think he can stretch that far. :lol:

Post office for trust and reliability but costly especially if you add insurance and then the smaller private companies for smaller items as AP says. Use the comparison sites like the one Mac linked too or parcel2go

I-post is not a comparison site Carlos...Parcle to go is, likly to link you to the smallest & cheapest deal ask Marty for reasons not to use it...Or Hermes... :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bazzashadow wrote:sorry to butt in but how would I send a ambulance stretcher bed?
Best bet is to find a local courior/man with a van or even try a m/c delivery firm, if they can deliver a bike anywhere in the UK for a set price ( which most of them promise...) then they can move a ambulance stretcher bed...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks Mac I have only ever used parcel2go and have had no issues though I do avoid Hermes in the options. I am going to give I-post a go next time on your recommendation. Don't they give a choice of various couriers then? Actually ignore that... I will do my own research when the time comes. :wink:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Thanks Mac I have only ever used parcel2go and have had no issues though I do avoid Hermes in the options. I am going to give I-post a go next time on your recommendation. Don't they give a choice of various couriers then? Actually ignore that... I will do my own research when the time comes. :wink:

I-post has its own depots & drivers. None of this 3rd party malarkey... :thumbup:
flak monkey

Post by flak monkey »

I use interparcel.com and use the economy option which is UPS. Normally about £10 for anything up to 30kg.
Not what you think...
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

agentpineapple wrote:
by ambulance of course........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
MacV2 wrote:
cybercarl wrote:I don't think he can stretch that far. :lol:

I-post is not a comparison site Carlos...Parcle to go is, likly to link you to the smallest & cheapest deal ask Marty for reasons not to use it...Or Hermes... :lol: :lol:

might of guessed it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just found the best packaging for awkward shaped bike parts. :wink:
http://inhabitat.com/ingenious-cardboar ... any-shape/