Oulton Park 24th June

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

Oulton Park 24th June

Post by Miztaziggy »

I'm booking this for my bro and me this week.

Anyone else up for it? I'm booking inters.

It's such an awesome track.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Miztaziggy

Re: Oulton Park 24th June

Post by Miztaziggy »

On second thoughts, I have just gone to book this now, and it's filling up fast.

All 3 groups were available yesterday, today only novice group is left :( so I've booked that.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I'll get myself booked in asap. I would have gone inters
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Nice one Steve, get it booked in ASAP before it fills up!!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Miztaziggy wrote:Nice one Steve, get it booked in ASAP before it fills up!!
Hope you booked this Steve, it's now full!!
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Decided to be sensible and wait till I can walk properly first. Probably be cadwell in July.

I'm toying with the idea of getting to the nurburgring in July/August. Are you still planning on touring?
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Just got back in from this. Got lucky with the weather again, stayed dry all day, and had a cracking day.

There was a guy on a firestorm there, I had a quick chat with him and told him about this forum. He bought it as a damaged repairable, and was testing it out there. He seemed quite quick on it but couldn't get used to the engine braking he said. He had the auto CCTs on too, so I pointed him in the direction of the walkthrough on here before it blows up.

The Supercorsa SC1 tyres were amazing again, tyre warmers on, no fking around, straight out and on it. I would HIGHLY recommend these to anyone doing track days. We get them from Trumpet Tyres (look them up on Facebook) for £100-110 a pair depending on how many laps they've done. A good pair that have done 1 or 2 laps will be £110 and will easily last you 3 track days. They give so much confidence in the corners. I had a very slight slip from the back at Lodge, not enough for a high side, but not far off. I'm not entirely sure why as I wasn't accelerating that hard. First thought was the tyres giving up, but then they were OK for 2 more sessions after that. I guess it might have been because that corner is really off camber, and I had taken quite a wide line to skin someone on the outside, meaning even more off camber, and even smaller contact patch.

Only down side was the traffic in the novice group. Really starting to bother me now. Must book inters or fast next time.

3 guys my brother knows turned up and were booked in the fast group.
Not sure how they do it, but they apparently do track days pretty much every week, inc Oulton yesterday and today, then one on Monday next week and Cadwell the week after that...they're all on race prepped bikes (08 blade, 08 R1 and ZX6 with quick shifter, race electronics, ECU, slicks, rain lights, Ohlins this and that, you get the picture).
They all had GPS lap timing kit, one of them did a 1.44 which is pretty bloody quick on a ZX6 round there. It would be winning races I think (BSB record lap time is 1.35).
The other 2 got a 1.54 and 1.57 best when I last spoke to them.

After our last session, my brother timed our laps from his GoPro video and found our last few laps were 2.01, 1.58 and 2.01, so we were well chuffed with that, especially when we watched the video we put on Youtube from last year's visit to Oulton, and saw we were doing 2.20 laps 1 year ago.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

The photos finally got put up online....took nearly 2 weeks.

There are a couple of ones I really like. I bought the 2 below to get printed :D

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looking great Chris
popkat

Post by popkat »

2nd pic is really good :thumbup:

Those stickers can be a right pain to get off, stick some duct tape over your headlight and get them to put their stickers on that, will come off easy then.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

popkat wrote:2nd pic is really good :thumbup:

Those stickers can be a right pain to get off, stick some duct tape over your headlight and get them to put their stickers on that, will come off easy then.
Lol. I was trying to see if I can make a traffic light and cover the entire screen with them this year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
popkat

Post by popkat »

But shouldn't you be looking through your screen on the straight :wink:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

My bro has just bought a couple of photos too.

Not bad considering until this year, he couldn't get his knee down. I think change of bike from ZX636 to GSXR1000 has helped. The ZX is more upright and a bit more of a comfortable touring riding position. The GSXR has more of a race position, right over the front wheel.

Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Looks like he is getting on with the bike well. I need to get myself on different tracks but not having a trailer and tow bar makes it harder to get to some really good ones. Was looking at Donnington next month. Nearly £200 for the day :shock:

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks like he is doing better than you now ha ha