VTR1000f articles

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MGoBlue

VTR1000f articles

Post by MGoBlue »

This file is a compilation of all magazine articles on the VTR. Figured I'd share it over here as there is some good info:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nxoqqxwvd ... TR1000.pdf

Cheers! :Beer1:
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: VTR1000f articles

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

CRIKEY - That's a heck-of-a-lot of bedtime reading for me! SUPERB!!! :clap:

Looking forward to grabbing a few cans of Guinness and reading into the night!

Many thanks for posting. Must've taken blooming ages to club all that together! :thumbup: :Beer2:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
TheGingerBeardMan

Extremely bizarre looking Corbin "Beetle Bag" panniers on the Storm on page 60 of this download! Does anyone in the UK own a set?

Corbin Beetle Bags for the Firestorm (Discontinued)

Corbin panniers on a Firestorm?
They're uglier than an ugly thing glued onto the end of an ugly stick. What were they thinking? They ruin the bike.

Does my elbow look big in these...?

rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Great!!I have a few you could add. By the way, my download speed is .52mb, yes, .52 thank you BTlol
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Thats a lot of reading,well done for finding it all,i know what i shall be doing on the next wet day.Today is a different matter though as sun is shining and the bike is calling. :thumbdown: :lol: :P
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

They only fitted those Corbin butt things to red bikes as they figured they couldn't make them look worse!!!
:wave: :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:They only fitted those Corbin butt things to red bikes as they figured they couldn't make them look worse!!!
:wave: :lol:
:lol: :clap: :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
markbo

Post by markbo »

Thanks for the post - i love reading these articles, looking forward to them! :thumbup:
TheGingerBeardMan

Kev L wrote:They only fitted those Corbin butt things to red bikes as they figured they couldn't make them look worse!!!
Granted they look hellish....but, as you'll have noticed, they only have photos of the panniers on the RED bikes.

And that's because they were made specifically for the red Firestorms, so that the owners could fill the panniers with heavy weights to SLOW THEM DOWN, and thus give the other colours a chance of keeping up....

:twisted:

MGoBlue

Post by MGoBlue »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote: Many thanks for posting. Must've taken blooming ages to club all that together! :thumbup: :Beer2:
Can't take credit. A bunch of years ago ('08), I bought this compilation from an online service that was called Ian Smith Reports. They offered the same for just about every moto out there. I never shared for fear of copy laws but they have since apparently gone out of business.

If anyone could share similar Firestorm articles, I'd be very appreciative. :thumbup:
markbo

Post by markbo »

MGoBlue wrote:
TheGingerBeardMan wrote: Many thanks for posting. Must've taken blooming ages to club all that together! :thumbup: :Beer2:
Can't take credit. A bunch of years ago ('08), I bought this compilation from an online service that was called Ian Smith Reports. They offered the same for just about every moto out there. I never shared for fear of copy laws but they have since apparently gone out of business.

If anyone could share similar Firestorm articles, I'd be very appreciative. :thumbup:
i put some up in this post a while ago

http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35048

mark
TheGingerBeardMan

markbo wrote:i put some up in this post a while ago
That you did Sire, and I remember asking back then about back issue "road reports" in any bike magazines that the Firestorm may have been in! Still haven't got round to getting hold of the actual paper copy of the Bike magazine yet! But, it'll come in time. Unlike me ex-wife. :lol:
MGoBlue wrote: Can't take the credit...
You can y'know. For thinking about visiting the poor sods in this asylum, and for bringing us patients more reading material. :rolleyes2: :rolleyes5: :rolleyes4: :rolleyes5: :thumbup:

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

brilliant reading :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Thanks for posting :thumbup:

Love a good read :D :beer:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

On the contrary my dear GBM, they realised that owners of red storms are likely to be incontinent, dribbley older folk who will need carrying capacity to visit the post office to get their pensions and down to the chemist to fill their scripts and carry their meds, ahh bless em!!!!
Xxx :wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF