Cylinder head

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Hellboy12345

Cylinder head

Post by Hellboy12345 »

I was just reading an old article on here about the cylinder heads being identical is this correct ? If so can you use a rear head to fit the front barrel and visa versa ? Just curious :D
VTRDark

Re: Cylinder head

Post by VTRDark »

Yes exact same cast except for the CCT holes. If you want a rear head on the front then you have to cap off the hole where the CCT goes and drill out the blank on the other side. So not quite a straight swap if that was what you was hoping. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

However you can rebuild a front head with bent valves using a donor rear head; the valves, cams etc are identical.

The only consideration is that the cam cap castings are machined as a matching set with the head, so they ought to stay paired up wherever possible.
However I've successfully mixed them on several occasions, so Honda's machining is good enough to rely on in all of the cases I've found so far. Ideally, though, match the cap to the head- you'll find part numbers on both; they should always match. the cams can happily be swapped around.

If that's what you need I can rebuild a head for you; I have several sets of valves in stock.
I also have known good, lapped in front and rear heads available.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Hellboy12345

Post by Hellboy12345 »

thanks guys thats answered my curiousty, good to know .This site is well good with some nice peeps ,loving my storm :D