Well helllloooo

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Motsew

Well helllloooo

Post by Motsew »

As you can tell by my post count. I'm a new member, hailing from S Wales, specifically Newport (unfortunately).

A little while back I had a go on a friend from works Firestorm and loved it to bits. I've only been riding for about two/three years so my bike history is not massive. Started out on an Intruder 125 (the older model, with the twin), it was a bag of shite though and I traded it in as a non-runner for a brand new CBF125 which I hated. I bought a commuter bike as an aspiring enthusiast which should come as no surprise was not fun. The bike was meant for commuting, not having fun on the weekends with! I promptly bought a gorgeous white '05 Z750 and did my direct access (yes, in that order). Not long after having the bike, I had my first big off which resulted in a severed clavicle, broken left wrist and broken left ankle. I was riding like a Richard basically and my inexperience and too much speed approaching a roundabout on a cold, damp March early morning resulted in the poor thing being written off.

It didn't put me off biking though, just calmed me down a bit, so as soon as I was back on my feet, I bought another Z750. Unfortunately, due to the accident I racked up some debt as SSP pays naff all. I kept the bike as long as I could and put some good miles on it. Going from about 6000 to nearly 16000 in the span of five months but alas, I could no longer afford to keep it and reluctantly sold it. Though I only paid £2200 for it and sold it for £2000 so didn't lose any money basically, considering the miles I put on it. Since I am always a victim of sods law, not long after I sold the bike, I was successful in applying for my current job working for Newport Transport as a driver.

Fast forward to a few months ago and I couldn't stand being without a bike so bought the first bag of sh1t I found which was a '91 VX535. It was a non-runner and the intent was to do it up with the aim of teaching myself how to maintain a bike. However, since I'm 6ft 3in and a chunky monkey, the bike basically disappears up my backside and is way too small for me. My mate Matt (who is on these forums but not sure what username) lets me have a go on his Firestorm and I want one! That's why I'm here :)

TL, DR: I'm new and looking to buy a Firestorm.
lloydie

Re: Well helllloooo

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome ,
Hope the quest for a good storm goes well .
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

There's plenty out there.Take your pick and take your time.The red ones are the best and fastest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Welcome.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the Forum, hope the search goes well and see you on one of the runs in the future
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

Welcome aboard mate. :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Welcome

I'm also new here.

I got my first storm in May and adore it so good luck mate.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy

How much are you looking to pay for one?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum fella. I will be selling my late model 2004 bike in the very near future, only 10.000 miles on the clock, with some good upgrades, but it looks almost standard. won't be cheap tho as it's a minter.
based in londinium.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:welcome to the forum fella. I will be selling my late model 2004 bike in the very near future, only 10.000 miles on the clock, with some good upgrades, but it looks almost standard. won't be cheap tho as it's a minter.
based in londinium.
And I'll be selling my extremely clean 03,16,000 mile super fast Teal one :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Welcome in and good luck with your hunt :thumbup:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Welcome aboard mate , red is best forget the other shite colours , hope you find a good un and join us on some of the op storms next year you will really enjoy it we have two groups and there are plenty of lads that want to see the scenery if you don't fancy getting a shift on , look forward to meeting thee , cheerz ady.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Yellowone is selling a nice F2 model, based in Devon.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Yellowone

Post by Yellowone »

Yep im selling my red 2003 im in devon so not to far from south wales, let me know if your intrested ?
cheers Tim
Other bikes yamaha fz1, ktm 660
Watty

Post by Watty »

Yellowone wrote:Yep im selling my red 2003 im in devon so not to far from south wales, let me know if your intrested ?
cheers Tim
Tut tut tut! No 50 posts and no price or description! Where's Carl :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

Watty wrote:
Yellowone wrote:Yep im selling my red 2003 im in devon so not to far from south wales, let me know if your intrested ?
cheers Tim
Tut tut tut! No 50 posts and no price or description! Where's Carl :lol:
Free for all as he's gone awol :lol:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s