Hello all!!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
mark2000vtr

Hello all!!

Post by mark2000vtr »

Hello everyone.I have just acquired myself a storm in excellent condition for it,s age.My first venture with a v twin I might add.Loving riding it! I have read some of the horror stories regarding the original cct,s and the reg/recs.My bike unfortunately has both of these.The former owner told me Honda had recalled storm,s as they knew the cct,s were not up to scratch and replaced them with upgraded item,s.Do you know if this is true as I cannot find any literature on the subject.Former owner said he had done 5000 miles with no problem,s at all and the gaskets on them do look like new.If this is not the case,do you know where I can get this done in the west Yorkshire area.I am ok changing the reg/rec and Have my own garage for bike maintenance,but the job to change to manual cct,s is a bit beyond my mechanical expertise I am afraid.I just don't want the front cylinder to pop 5 minute,s after I have bought it as This bike is gonna be a keeper! I love it!! Any help or answer,s to my question,s will be very gratefully received.Thank,s all!Mark. :thumbup:
carmanbikes

Re: Hello all!!

Post by carmanbikes »

Hello and welcome buddy, I don't think the cct's have been recalled by Honda I think you would be better going down the route of manual or the stopper mod lots of info on here if you have a browse :thumbup:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Hi buddy glad you love your storm they really get under your skin I've got a BMW but still miss my vtr! I'm from Selby and go to squires cafe regular ,get ccts sorted and join us all on a few rideouts next year and merry Xmas , ady.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Welcome aboard Sir :D Honda P R rubbish about upgraded ccts I'm afraid! As has been said manuals or stopper mod is the way to go :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Do the stopper mod asap .
Hello and welcome .
The rear cct can fail too so do both
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate, great bikes, enjoy. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

deffo do both cct's, last summer a friend had the rear go.... :(
rare but it does happen, where about are you, there maybe a forum member nearby who can help and assist you... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Mark :thumbup:

Getting your new bike CCT's and rectifier sorted is a good idea,

Chris.
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

I endorse fully what has been said by these inmates .. and welcome to the asylum
enjoy the Honda firestorm ... all the best :lol: :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along to the club sir. :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the team. As has been said, do the stopper mod over the winter, the instructions in the workshop section are good, the job isn't that complicated, and we are always here if you need to phone someone to talk you through anything that you don't understand.
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Welcome to the forum Mark.Guarantee you that the mods won't stop at cct's and r/r.Enjoy. :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Saintsman27 wrote:I endorse fully what has been said by these inmates .. and welcome to the asylum
enjoy the Honda firestorm ... all the best :lol: :thumbup:
+1 :)

Welcome aboard the ship sir
Jamie :wave:
mark2000vtr

Post by mark2000vtr »

Thank you everyone.I live in heckmondwike west York,s.The squires café is not too far from where I am and can get out there when the weather get,s better no problem! If there is a forum member who is local to me and has done the cct mod,s.I have my own garage and a never ending supply of tea and biccies if someone would be kind enough to assist me when they have the time.I will see said person right!No worries!Thank you all for the warm welcome merry Christmas to you all and hope to see some of you when the shitty weather disappears.Cheer,s! :beer:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Welcome Mark

Any pics?
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.