Project Blue Belle

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
Kev L

Re: Project Blue Belle

Post by Kev L »

StormyRob wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:Asv levers are some of the best, so much better feel compared to standard. and much more adjustability. the frame paint will take several weeks to properly harden, the time of year doesn't help, get that central heating cranked up.... :thumbup:

There is a woman in the house mate so the heat is never off!
Ain't that the truth!!!!
Package on way matey :thumbup: I will pm you.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Even when the woman goes out for the day she sill leaves the fecking heating on ! It must be 200'c in here
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

lloydie wrote:Even when the woman goes out for the day she sill leaves the fecking heating on ! It must be 200'c in here

My wife just to be terrible. Over the last few years she has had to realise heat requires money and she has gradually become a little more sensible! Still like a sauna half the time!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
SKMXL

Post by SKMXL »

lloydie wrote:Even when the woman goes out for the day she sill leaves the fecking heating on ! It must be 200'c in here
In our house I have a heating system called Danfoss living which I can control all heating from my mobile. In your case that could come in handy! :clap: :biggrin
Drive safe!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Decided to give the starter motor a go. Thankfully using the write-up from marty and some guidance from the man himself I have realised it is absolutely fine inside with no breakages whatsoever.
I do not know how bad everyone else's is but the outside is horribly corroded on mine and it needed a good clean which I also started this evening but then the missus told me I was probably pissing the neighbours off with the sound of the drill so it will be finished off tomorrow.

Having taken a little advice I may actually just cover it with hammerite to give some protection.

First time using Tapatalk so I hope this works. Seemed a lot easier to upload pictures!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Jeeze! Looks like you were lucky to remove the headers judging by the corrosion around there.

Starter motor looks great inside and I can see the elbow grease is paying off on the polished bits. I've often toyed with the idea of polishing the end caps and painting the central can. But meh. Already done enough of that until the next overhaul.

P.s Tapatalk is wonderful! I still don't know how to post a pic on the laptop :crazy:
Jamie :wave:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I have no idea how I got the header nuts off either!

Is bad under there. The oil filter was a nightmaret too but is now off. Will be ordering engine paint soon so underneath will hopefully look a lot better
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

great work rob, you are bringing that bike back to life, don't forget a big dollop of grease under the rubber boot that protects the main power lead/bolt on the starter, it's help the fight against corrosion. I doubt the starter motor could have been put in a worse place. glad to see you managed to free it from the engine, how big was the hammer..... :lol:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

It was an absolute b***ard to take off. I thought I was doing something wrong initially! Normal hammer...Big bit of wood...thump thump thump
Thump thump thump......you get the picture!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Another job worth doing, good man :clap:

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

It a cleaned up Ok. Not fantastic by any means but much better than it was. Just gonna cover in hammerite and I am doneImage

Blue One
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Blue One
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Its a shame they don't do a cover similar to what's on the CBF, its oil filter has a plastic cover to stop all the crud getting on it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

StormyRob wrote:Image

Blue One
looks loads better mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Still needs to dry but I'm not fussed about that as it is going to be well hidden!

Thanks mate