Flood's

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Flood's

Post by MacV2 »

Hope none of our Northen members are suffering at the mo... :(

Keep ya Storms dry chaps.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Watty

Re: Flood's

Post by Watty »

Yeah real bad Northumberland and Cumbria way mate. Was at countrymicks a few days ago and some of the sights were unreal! Mega floods :( . Lucky I live mega high!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adyf

Post by adyf »

Yeah we're lucky at the moment ,but apparently they have just closed Selby toll bridge over the ouse so who knows what's going on , only problem is we're surrounded by the Ouse ,Derwent and the Aire which are all critical anyone of these could flood the town ,at least I only own a piece of sh1t BMW so no loss!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thoughts are with anyone hit by the weather conditions. Hope none on here have been flooded out.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
artee

Post by artee »

I live pretty high up above Rochdale, but....
This was the view yesterday.
The water is just run off water from the hills.
The road in the distance was flooded from it. No river to burst it's banks up here.
This was Rochdale town centre yesterday.

Roger
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Thoughts are with anyone hit by the weather conditions. Hope none on here have been flooded out.
hang on a mo, where was my sympathy when I got sun burn last summer...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
in all seriousness a good friend of mine has been through having his house flooded, he and his family had to live in a hotel for 6mths, sounds fun to begin with, but it was horrible.
I hope everyone on here is ok.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
artee

Post by artee »

My parents are still without power.
Tomorrow at midday seems to be the earliest.
The river Roach has risen at least 20 feet to flood the town centre.

Roger
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

sympathy to any one affected. a guy I worked with got flooded out 20 years ago with a flood tide on the Orwell. sh1t everywhere :eek2
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Stay safe guys :thumbup:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:
Kev L wrote:Thoughts are with anyone hit by the weather conditions. Hope none on here have been flooded out.
hang on a mo, where was my sympathy when I got sun burn last summer...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
in all seriousness a good friend of mine has been through having his house flooded, he and his family had to live in a hotel for 6mths, sounds fun to begin with, but it was horrible.
I hope everyone on here is ok.
No sympathy as it was self inflicted...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Over the last few years, after mega floods in 2005 and not quite so bad ones in 2009, a huge amount of money has been spent on a flood barrier on the south side of the Tyne at Corbridge. They added piles and raised a long length of concrete wall only this summer. However, it came over the dyke 1/2 a mile upstream and flooded the same places again. They reckon the dyke was 18" too low.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the Environment Agency. Where do they stop? New blocks of apartments have recently been built in just this area. OK, only the ground floor apartment got flooded but WTF? Why build there and, even more so, why buy there?

As far as I know only one motorcycle death. A BMW so it dosn't really count....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Over the last few years, after mega floods in 2005 and not quite so bad ones in 2009, a huge amount of money has been spent on a flood barrier on the south side of the Tyne at Corbridge. They added piles and raised a long length of concrete wall only this summer. However, it came over the dyke 1/2 a mile upstream and flooded the same places again. They reckon the dyke was 18" too low.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the Environment Agency. Where do they stop? New blocks of apartments have recently been built in just this area. OK, only the ground floor apartment got flooded but WTF? Why build there and, even more so, why buy there?

They all count...RIP. Someones Dad, Brother, Son...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

MacV2 wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:Over the last few years, after mega floods in 2005 and not quite so bad ones in 2009, a huge amount of money has been spent on a flood barrier on the south side of the Tyne at Corbridge. They added piles and raised a long length of concrete wall only this summer. However, it came over the dyke 1/2 a mile upstream and flooded the same places again. They reckon the dyke was 18" too low.

They all count...RIP. Someones Dad, Brother, Son...
I'm talking about the bike (which died of an excess of water), no humans were hurt in the creation of this post!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

My sister in law lives in a listed Devon longhouse and was flooded out about 5 yrs ago. It took 18 months to get the place habitable and another 6 to make it home again. During the process a lot of her possessions disappeared, antique fire irons water damaged etc. Possessions which were irreplaceable but financially worthless were destroyed and in addition the loss of confidence in the place you always trusted the most. I have nothing but sympathy for anyone in this position, even more so when it reoccurs.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

God love the folks who have to go through mopping up there lives :(
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: