VTR Pheonix

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
VTR Phoenix

Re: VTR Pheonix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Drilled, tapped and helicoiled the front exhaust mounts, then test fitted the new cans I picked up.

URL=http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/paulh ... 7.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/paulh ... 6.jpg.html]Image[/URL
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Nice cans them microns ,
They give a good boost to the midrange too
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that'll be a bugger keeping the orange exhaust wrap clean. looking forward to seeing the finished bike..... :thumbup:
p.s I reckon black rads would look nice on your bike, here's what they looked like on one of my old bikes...
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I think your bike is going to look very nice indeed
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

lloydie wrote:Nice cans them microns ,
They give a good boost to the midrange too
Good to know cheers lloydie. Will the carbs need re-jetting or good to go as standard?
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

agentpineapple wrote:that'll be a bugger keeping the orange exhaust wrap clean. looking forward to seeing the finished bike..... :thumbup:
p.s I reckon black rads would look nice on your bike, here's what they looked like on one of my old bikes...
That's a great idea, matt or gloss?

The exhaust wrap was what the PO put on, was thinking about keeping it but its so thick that it actually makes contact with the shock link so had to remove it.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

StormyRob wrote:I think your bike is going to look very nice indeed

Thanks very much, just slow work at the moment due to work commitments. Hopefully another week or two and I should be on to paint stage. Have the Pearl White and Panther Black already just need to get the orange. Should I go pearl on the orange or just normal matt? It will be lacquered over so it will come out gloss but no point in spraying gloss if your going to lacquer over.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTR Phoenix wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:that'll be a bugger keeping the orange exhaust wrap clean. looking forward to seeing the finished bike..... :thumbup:

The exhaust wrap was what the PO put on, was thinking about keeping it but its so thick that it actually makes contact with the shock link so had to remove it.
I used satin black rad paint from eastwoods/frosts, great paint all be it a little pricey, I also did my oil cooler as well.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

agentpineapple wrote:
VTR Phoenix wrote:

I used satin black rad paint from eastwoods/frosts, great paint all be it a little pricey, I also did my oil cooler as well.... :thumbup:
Thanks ill give that a go. What's the best way to strip of the old paint?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I cleaned them first, then just lightly wet n dried the old paint, giving a good key for the paint to attach to, and it's great paint, goes on really well and easy. satin black rads go well against a black frame imho.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Triad

Post by Triad »

It's slightly off-topic but... is the 2into1 header still for sale? :biggrin
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Triad wrote:It's slightly off-topic but... is the 2into1 header still for sale? :biggrin

Sorry triad, that got sold about a month ago.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Small update to this rebirth, Finally got the storm up and running after sorting the snapped front exhaust stud. The Microns sound fantastic. Needs balancing but took for a little shake down spin up the road and goes very well. With the mechanicals 95% sorted thought I would get back on the body work so as a tester finished the seat hump. I have sprayed and lacquered the undertray and tail unit but just need to hit them with the 1200 wet and dry then compound. The seat hump however is finished.

Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

If you need a carb balancer I've got one Paul that you are welcome to borrow :thumbup:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Cheers Mark, I actually have two lol. The basic coiled pipe one and a new 2 gauge balancer that I bought a while back. Never been out the box lol.