A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
countrymick

Re: VTR Pheonix

Post by countrymick »

thats definitly going to be a head turner :thumbup: :thumbup:
popkat

Post by popkat »

I'm sure it'll look much better than I'm imagining, I never liked that colour scheme on the blade but it's your bike and your interpretation and it'll be nice to see something a bit different, looking forward to updates on the build :thumbup:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Cheers guys, I appreciate that it wont be to everyone's taste but hoping it will show what I can do with a spray gun. Obviously the design will need to be tweaked slightly due to the difference in fairing shape but hoping it still looks as similar as possible.

Popkat, you have any other ideas on colour scheme? Trying to incorporate the colours already on the bike.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Very nice work you're doing there 8) :clap:
Good to see another project on the go as well :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues :D

Chris.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Cheers Chris, hoping to get finished middle of Feb latest.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

So long as you get it finished before the good weather arrives (fingers crossed it does this year :wink: ) you'll be okay :thumbup:

Chris.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:Ok, so here is the colour scheme I am going for (unless you guys have a better idea of a colour scheme) Only difference to this is that I am changing the silver/grey to a pearl white.

Hmmmm minds in overdrive right now.. I like the colours as is black/silver/orange, I wouldn't swap out the silver to white. As i'm thinking of putting cbr1000 twin headlamps in my bike I can already picture my bike in the above colours :P although I wouldn't... black/orange for me. White or silver I think it could work but the orange would certainly look better against the silver but ofc each to their own. I'd paint the wheels, rear subframe and engine cases black too and put the rear set back to silver as above. Black decals with a dab of orange on the silver sides/tank, orange tail with black decals...

You know... if put just this much thought into my own bikes then maybe i'd get my projects started :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

VTR Phoenix wrote:
Popkat, you have any other ideas on colour scheme? Trying to incorporate the colours already on the bike.

Nothing that adventurous, to suit the colours you already have I'd go all gloss black with Orange writing, although I don't like black bikes in general as they disappear in a crowd I think the Orange would make it stand out.. But stick with your Idea, tweaked to suit a storm, Imo there's not many colour schemes that suit a storm so if yours works out well it'll be another on the short list..

I liked the HRC colours that were sold new in 99/2000.
Monkeymatt's looks nice in pics but not seen it for real yet.. (maybe if you come to Devon storm Matt ?)
Mori colour a pretty good.
Storms seem to suit the single colour very well if a little boring. (number boards improve them a lot)

Me I've just got a plain and boring Buttercup Yellow one with black lowers, it's best at attracting flies.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Good going and looking very smart [THUMBS UP SIGN]
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

Seriously loving the work so far VTR - and the colour scheme will make or break it :problem:

Please excuse the crudity - I did a quick play to see what a white would look like instead of the silver (which I like - but the white also stands out nicely).

Assuming you're a man of great taste, I took the liberty of seeing what it would look like with a little more of "that colour" too (you know, the one everyone else is jealous of...)

:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Good luck!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

SmileyVTR wrote:Seriously loving the work so far VTR - and the colour scheme will make or break it :problem:

Please excuse the crudity - I did a quick play to see what a white would look like instead of the silver (which I like - but the white also stands out nicely).

Assuming you're a man of great taste, I took the liberty of seeing what it would look like with a little more of "that colour" too (you know, the one everyone else is jealous of...)

Good luck!

How the bloody hell did you do that!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

bigtwinthing wrote:
SmileyVTR wrote:Seriously loving the work so far VTR - and the colour scheme will make or break it :problem:

Good luck!

How the bloody hell did you do that!

What he said lol

You sir are a diamond for doing that, I haven't a clue how to Photoshop. I really think the white will work seeing it now. Wasn't too sure before. Saying that you are right, the yellow looks great as well, ever thought of a respray? See how mine turns out and I'll do yours for you if you want.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Mind how you do the tank - we don't want to see a repeat of this!

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22772

Do you have any other pics of the Blade from different angles?

Edit: Found these

Last edited by Wicky on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

So let me get this right, a repsol storm that would say r sol on the side 8O

I do have other pics but they are on the computer. I will post them tomorrow.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

looking forward to see how it turns out and great to see somebody do something different :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: