Leaking oil near clutch. Need help

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
HondaVTRguy

Leaking oil near clutch. Need help

Post by HondaVTRguy »

So hello chaps got a interesting question. Recently when I ride I started to notice that my left foot gets oil on it when I ride, probably when I shift gears. The oil is clear in color and has no odor. I have checked everywhere near the clutch pedal and have found no signs of oil leaks or whatever.. And another funny thing is after it stopped leaking j noticed that under hard acceleration and switching gears the clutch starts to slip and won't grab gears. I also noticed that my left brake fluid reservoir is low on oil. Could it be something related to that??

Im stumped on this one, the bike drive perfectly fine before without any issues... Let me know your thoughts!
VTR Phoenix

Re: Leaking oil near clutch. Need help

Post by VTR Phoenix »

It is the clutch fluid leaking from the bleed nipple or banjo fitting. or the seal has gone bad. Check the tightness of the bolts and if need be change the rubber seal. You will need to refill and then bleed the clutch after the leak has been sorted. This would also affect the shifting. You might have noticed that it has also got a lot lighter to pull.

The reservoir on the left is not brake fluid, it is the clutch fluid, you have a hydraulic clutch.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

VTR Phoenix wrote:It is the clutch fluid leaking from the bleed nipple or banjo fitting. or the seal has gone bad. Check the tightness of the bolts and if need be change the rubber seal. You will need to refill and then bleed the clutch after the leak has been sorted. This would also affect the shifting. You might have noticed that it has also got a lot lighter to pull.

The reservoir on the left is not brake fluid, it is the clutch fluid, you have a hydraulic clutch.
Good advice .
[THUMBS UP SIGN]
HondaVTRguy

Post by HondaVTRguy »

VTR Phoenix wrote:It is the clutch fluid leaking from the bleed nipple or banjo fitting. or the seal has gone bad. Check the tightness of the bolts and if need be change the rubber seal. You will need to refill and then bleed the clutch after the leak has been sorted. This would also affect the shifting. You might have noticed that it has also got a lot lighter to pull.

Thank you Phoenix I figured as much to! Although in my case I think it's more of a seal issue! And as for clutch fluid it takes the same stuff (DOT4) as brake fluid correct?

Will be putting in my new red ss brake lines tomoroww so will get to work on this
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Same •4 with clutch
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote:

Good advice .
[THUMBS UP SIGN]
+1

Chris.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

sirch345 wrote:
lloydie wrote:

Good advice .
[THUMBS UP SIGN]
+1

Chris.
yep we've all been there :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Let us know which bits you need.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
HondaVTRguy

Post by HondaVTRguy »

So I found out today that apparantly my oil leak wasn't a oil leak after all. My coolant hose got loose from the reservoir and was spraying anti freeze around. And the clutch is acting all normal again so... Really wierd lol
macca__macca

Post by macca__macca »

I had a similar but less dramatic problem with fluid leaking and just replaced the clutch slave cylinder seals. So far so good and a pretty cheap fix.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk