Right side engine casing

General Bike chat
Ianasauras

Right side engine casing

Post by Ianasauras »

So there's a hole in the clutch cover on the right side of the bike. Something I could really do without! Anyways, I'll hopefully pick up a replacement soon. What kinda job is this to replace myself? Am I right in saying I need to drain coolant and remove water pump? What else?

Thanks guys,

Ian
Wicky

Re: Right side engine casing

Post by Wicky »

...and a new gasket. Getting the cover off if it hasn't been off in a while can be fun - cue rubber mallet and careful use of the pry points on the front & rear of the cover help immensely. Then the fun bit is scraping the old gasket off (gasket softer/ removal spray helps) and some yamaha bond* applied one side to the new gasket and grease to the other for the future)

*http://delta-adhesives.co.uk/products/i ... oncertina/

Have you downloaded the Honda VTR service manual from the workshop knowledgebase section?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Ianasauras wrote:So there's a hole in the clutch cover on the right side of the bike. Something I could really do without! Anyways, I'll hopefully pick up a replacement soon. What kinda job is this to replace myself? Am I right in saying I need to drain coolant and remove water pump? What else?

Thanks guys,

Ian
Highly likely I'll have one spare soon. Won't be for a few weeks though, unless I can get it off this weekend.
Ianasauras

Post by Ianasauras »

Thanks mate. Let me know if and when you have that part and a price, I have no access to PMs and can't post on the for sale threads but we'll sort something out.

Cheers!

Ian
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Ianasauras wrote:Thanks mate. Let me know if and when you have that part and a price, I have no access to PMs and can't post on the for sale threads but we'll sort something out.

Cheers!

Ian
Will do Ian. I'm sure someone else will have one too. Just keep reading the threads and the 50 posts will come round quick enough. I thought it'd take ages but it didn't, easy to do in a few of days in fact.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

Hiya - I have one of these dude, you would need to get new bolts et. al. Let me know if you're still in need and will dig it out with some photos!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!