As it's Easter

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

As it's Easter

Post by tony.mon »

...Let's annoy the religious zealots and phone into all the radio shows requesting that they play Mott the Hoople's "Roll away the stone".

I know it's just mocking the afflicted, but they shouldn't impose their values on my right to freedom by refusing to permit me from doing my shopping after four on a Sunday as punishment for not going to their church earlier in the day.

...discuss..?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Re: As it's Easter

Post by fabiostar »

now maybe iv missed something in the story here, Easter is the whole passing of Jesus? ok so the bit that has me wondering is. xmas is when he was born,? so why does Easter keeps fecking moving? can they not nail down(sorry for the pun) when the guy died?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

fabiostar wrote:now maybe iv missed something in the story here, Easter is the whole passing of Jesus? ok so the bit that has me wondering is. xmas is when he was born,? so why does Easter keeps fecking moving? can they not nail down(sorry for the pun) when the guy died?
Time is a fundamental conception by which we perceive the sequence of events, it eludes definition and remains an enigma. In other words Easter is variable as its set to coincide with the old pagan festival celebrating the first crop harvest of chocolate of the year used in making easter eggs which can happen from March to April.

Why can’t the date of Easter be fixed? > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35880795
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

This makes a lot more sense to me. Its pulled from Peter Joseph's first Zeitgeist movie.

[youtube][/youtube]

Here's the whole move if any one wants to take a look.
"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."
[youtube][/youtube]
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote:now maybe iv missed something in the story here, Easter is the whole passing of Jesus? ok so the bit that has me wondering is. xmas is when he was born,? so why does Easter keeps fecking moving? can they not nail down(sorry for the pun) when the guy died?
1st Sunday after 1st full moon after the spring equinox...so it varies from year to year. Apparently the Church have been talking about fixing a date for nigh on a 1000 years but the various factions around the world can't agree to a date.

As it's all a load of made up nonsence anyway, does it really matter ?

Xmas is only when it is as it was a Pagan festival anyway & the Christians nicked it & made up the birth date of christ.

Come on poeple wake up...Immaculate conception leading to a Virgin birth...It aint gonna happen is it...It's all ONE big lie just to keep the great unwashed in check & under the cosh. Meanwhile the church got richer & richer...

If I had my way I'd ban the whole lot of them... :Banned:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Likwise, Lennon got it right - imagine no religion....all it leads to is war and death as seen in Brussels recently and Ireland over the years.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Isn't the magical moving of the stone off the tomb door about when the Masons starting getting up themselves? :think:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

who gives a shite providing we get some time off oh and an Egg :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

bigtwinthing wrote:who gives a shite providing we get some time off oh and an Egg :lol:
lol i vote you leader of the world for that :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

bigtwinthing wrote:who gives a shite providing we get some time off oh and an Egg :lol:
. +1
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Have to agree with Paul on that .
I hate all religious "holidays" it's all designed to take my money away from spending it on myself .

All religions should be banned
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's the problem, people having time off is what's upsetting Tony, as he can't go shopping after 4pm on Easter Sunday :lol:

Chris.
MGoBlue

Post by MGoBlue »

lloydie wrote:All religions should be banned
:thumbup:
I should start hanging out here more often. Great thread. :clap:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

So you mean to tell me the Easter bunny isn't real? I know for a fact Jesus died and came back a zombie, because otherwise how do you explain Easter eggs?

Anyhoo, these Easter biscuits look yum! Image
Jamie :wave:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Jamoi wrote:So you mean to tell me the Easter bunny isn't real? I know for a fact Jesus died and came back a zombie, because otherwise how do you explain Easter eggs?

Anyhoo, these Easter biscuits look yum! Image
Were they made by The Stig's Mater?