Remove baffles from LeoVince street legal SBK cans

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Triad

Remove baffles from LeoVince street legal SBK cans

Post by Triad »

Hello! When I've got my lovely VTR it was already equipped with WP shock and fork springs, Fabbri screen and LeoVince SBK Carbon cans (street legal). They're REALLY quiet, to the point of being dangerous (peoples don't hear me coming). LOL, sounds bad.
Anyway, I wanted to remove the baffles to make them a bit easier to hear but after drilling the rivets, the end part doesn't come off. I had to let go.
Any advice? You think I could be lucky and remove the baffle using a circular drill bit? Or the only way to go is to remove the end of the can and see what's in?

fabiostar

Re: Remove baffles from LeoVince street legal SBK cans

Post by fabiostar »

put up a picture of the end of the endcan..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Triad

Post by Triad »

Sorry, they're bad but the light in my garage is crappy.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

You will probably have to take the cans right off & de-rivet both ends. They should come apart as at some time they will need new packing to go in.
Once all rivets are out they should pull apart there will be a perforated tube runing down the middle.

Before you pull 'em apart make sure you have ''gas tight'' rivets for the re build & you may as well do the repack as well so you'll need that as well.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

just what macster said ^^^^^^^^^
Triad

Post by Triad »

I removed all the rivets but the b8stard didn't come off! :Ball Kick:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Triad wrote:I removed all the rivets but the b8stard didn't come off! :Ball Kick:
your gona have to do both ends and split the entire can, the tube inside must be welded at one end :(
Triad

Post by Triad »

Uhm... too messy, I'll probably fit new rivets and then I'll try to swap my pair of LeoVinci cans with something louder. Easier that way, I guess. :thumbdown:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Triad wrote:Uhm... too messy, I'll probably fit new rivets and then I'll try to swap my pair of LeoVinci cans with something louder. Easier that way, I guess. :thumbdown:
Sell the LeoVince's for good money, buy a pair of ART cans, sure they'll be loud enough - too loud for me, I swapped mine out for Venoms with removable baffles.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Triad

Post by Triad »

Yeah... I don't want them loud to the point of disturbing peoples around, really. But I don't want to be a silent missile in the traffic. 'Cause old farts, women who drive and use lipstick, idiots on the phone definitely need to hear me coming. Black bike, black helmet and black leather suit won't help. :think:
Twitchy

Post by Twitchy »

Triad wrote:Black bike, black helmet and black leather suit won't help. :think:
Doesn't matter what colour you're wearing, they still wont see you, at least they will hear you coming. Failing that you can hit the limiter when you get beside them to wake them up!!
06 VTR1000F; bits by Jack Flash, Erik Marquez & Jamie Daugherty. SP/954 front and SP2 rear in the works.
Build thread; http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36638
Triad

Post by Triad »

LOL, it's often necessary!
Anyway, after riding a mono for a few months, I find the VTR really "dangerous" for me as the speed is much higher. 2 seconds and you're over 120km/h and the clip-on bars don't really give you the same control you have on the supermoto in case you need to steer/brake suddenly.
Triad

Post by Triad »

How can I get in touch with the guy who was selling the 2into1 exhaust? Can't send him a PM.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Triad wrote:How can I get in touch with the guy who was selling the 2into1 exhaust? Can't send him a PM.
Get posting & raise your post count to 50 then you will be able to PM...anyone...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Triad

Post by Triad »

Incredible but true, found a "local" guy who's selling a 2into1. How many chances there were? :eek2