Headlamp dip switch

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
popularh14

Headlamp dip switch

Post by popularh14 »

Hi All

Just wanted some feedback on the headlight dip switch & nothing much came up when I did a search.

Basically the problem is when I push the switch to get full beam the button doesn't stay in but pops straight out again. I've tried a squirt of WD-40 but this seems to have actually made it worse. I've got an MOT on Tuesday next & I'm worried it will fail on this.

Is this a common problem? If the bike was high mileage I could maybe understand that the switch was worn but she's only done 11,000 miles.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Also any advice on how easy it would be to take the switch apart if that's what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance

Pete
popularh14

Re: Headlamp dip switch

Post by popularh14 »

Well, as I feared, the nice MOT man was not to be persuaded that a non-functioning dipswitch (even though it was stuck on dip & not on main beam) could be classed as an advisory & not a fail!

To be fair to him he did take it apart and give it a good spraying with WD-40 to see if he could coax it into life but all to no avail.

So I can either fork out £111 to nice Mr Honda for a full replacement left-hand side switch gear or look for one at a breakers I guess. The MOT man did suggest I phone up Honda UK and have a gentle moan as they might give me a discount off a new one.
Fixing it is probably not an option though I may have a look in case something can be finangled.

Any suggestions for good breakers gratefully received or if anyone's got a spare one please let me know. The rest of the bike is mint so I'd really like one in excellent nick if possible.

Ta

Pete
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

I believe agentpineapple was selling a complete left switchgear, I have some parts from one, but I think replacing the switch itself would be a PITA!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Have a search on ebay - Similar happened to me with a dodgy sticking passing main beam switch and I got the switchgear secondhand for about £20.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Might have one but will have to check...be tomorrow now tho...so if any one else can come up with one go for it...Tony M might be your man.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Your in luck... :thumbup:

PM awaiting check your in box....
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...