possible bike change

General Bike chat
bigtwinthing

Re: possible bike change

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:I make you right bazza, no doubt what ever I buy I will throw money at it. as things stand today the Yamaha fz1 is looking like it could be the bike.
tomorrow I will probably change my mind.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'd get a shocj sprung to my weight, possibly fork springs as well. comfy seat, good screen, I don't do cold weather, so the heated grips won't be needed :lol:
I want a bike that's going to be fun, but practical, ride several hundred miles without feeling beat up. give half decent fuel economy with half decent range.
don't want much do I.... :wink:

something like this would be nice.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-YAMAHA-F ... Sw2GlXGyUA

deaden Motorcycles have a blue 2008 with 14,000 miles its mint. I nearly bought it last week its £4250
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
popkat

Post by popkat »

agentpineapple wrote:I make you right bazza, no doubt what ever I buy I will throw money at it. as things stand today the Yamaha fz1 is looking like it could be the bike.
tomorrow I will probably change my mind.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'd get a shocj sprung to my weight, possibly fork springs as well. comfy seat, good screen, I don't do cold weather, so the heated grips won't be needed :lol:
I want a bike that's going to be fun, but practical, ride several hundred miles without feeling beat up. give half decent fuel economy with half decent range.
don't want much do I.... :wink:

something like this would be nice.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-YAMAHA-F ... Sw2GlXGyUA
That ones not the best example imo, lots of extra's but the paint on the frame has worn off a lot which isn't typical, there's many better ones out there as a starting point, go for the nicest you can and you can keep it years, rack up loads of miles and add the extra's as and when.. I keep looking at them and have seen a couple I'm interested in, the only thing holding me back is spending the money if it's not what I want, it's hard to explain as I know what they're like having had a new one a few years ago, just got to be sure if it's the storm not doing it for me or me just not wanting to ride, in saying that I rode the VFR home from work on Sat and although I couldn't at the time I fancied taking it further so need to get out for a ride on it, antway I digress, if I end up with an FZ1 i'll let you have a spin on it in July.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

popkat wrote:I rode the VFR home from work on Sat and although I couldn't at the time I fancied taking it further
Well no wonder you are feeling a little off bikes. I've ridden my Bros 800 a few times and it's sooo boring. It's not bad, just boring!
You need some hot tarmac and some torque to get the juices flowing, you'll be fine :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
popkat

Post by popkat »

Pete.L wrote:
popkat wrote:I rode the VFR home from work on Sat and although I couldn't at the time I fancied taking it further
Well no wonder you are feeling a little off bikes. I've ridden my Bros 800 a few times and it's sooo boring. It's not bad, just boring!
You need some hot tarmac and some torque to get the juices flowing, you'll be fine :wink:

Pete.l
It's a 1987 750.
It's not a boring bike Pete, it does boring very well but doesn't have to be, it's more exciting than the storm as in you get the 28 year old knackered forks bottoming and the front pattering and juddering going into corners, coming out if the revs drop it has a bit of a small hole in the midrange so you bang it down a gear and rev the tits of it, gets quite exciting, eyes on stalks sometimes and wondering weather your off or not :lol:

My Storm needs a slipper clutch which may cure the problem I have with, it frustrates me with the engine braking when I'm having fun on it, go up a gear and it's not got the drive I want, makes it hard to be smooth which is what I need on my local roads. I can warrant over £600 on one though and then I'd probably need to upgrade the brakes as would need them more and also buy a better shock, the WP seems ok but isn't communicating too well to me, all in a lot of money that I'm not sure I want to spend when for the same money I could have something much newer and more powerful. I'm just thinking out loud though really not made any decisions and unless someone offered me stupid money i'll still have the Storm in July :)

My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZ1000 ... Sw3mpXKeMt

I know it's all down to personal taste, but I think this looks the mutts nutts..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

I like that one :thumbup: I'd need to see it before bidding though as they don't often get re painted or go to the effort of modding the forks and calipers so would want to know if there's anything hidden that's gone on in it's past. oh and screens look crap on them except for the original or MRA which is similar size, but that's easy to change.

adyf

Post by adyf »

Fz1 looking good mate , I've just bought a bmw k1300r and it's a beast but you can ride it steady as well , at a steady 70mph she will do 54 mpg with enough torque in 6th gear to go from 40mph straight on to 165mph as if it's nothing , wind blast is a bit of an issue though but comfy enough for 200 miles before filling up , try a beemer before you buy
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

popkat wrote:It's a 1987 750.
It's not a boring bike Pete, it does boring very well but doesn't have to be, it's more exciting than the storm as in you get the 28 year old knackered forks bottoming and the front pattering and juddering going into corners, coming out if the revs drop it has a bit of a small hole in the midrange so you bang it down a gear and rev the tits of it, gets quite exciting, eyes on stalks sometimes and wondering weather your off or not
I stand corrected. Sounds like the old girl has plenty of character :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I've always said I had just as much fun on my old XJ550 doing 65 around the lanes. It was soo scary, handling was crap, tyres were awful and I didn't find out until after I got hit off, it had been rebuilt once before so probably wasn't straight either :crazy: :crazy:
:lol: Loved it though :D
agentpineapple wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZ1000 ... Sw3mpXKeMt

I know it's all down to personal taste, but I think this looks the mutts nutts..... :thumbup:
Well worth a look I think :thumbup:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal