Re-spray and general update

General Bike chat
VenerableArc

Re-spray and general update

Post by VenerableArc »

So I've been lurking in the shadows for the past year or so stalking the odd post here and there.

Last time I posted my own thread it was saying hello again as I hadn't posted for a while ( :think: I see a pattern forming) and regarding handing my fairings over to a mate who was spraying them after I completely bodged trying to do a rattle can. I was left without fairings for 8 months. The lad went to OZ over the xmas period but avoided me for a few months after he came back. Ended up going to his house and retrieving my fairings, which were completed. Strange.

Anyways I have stuck with blue because I didn't want to lose 10HP by going a lesser colour :lol: It is renault mondial blue to be precise. The reason for this is that the lad who sprayed the bike had a load left over from a previous job and said I didn't have to pay for it :thumbup: bonus.

Bike needs a good clean!!!!

Fairings got fitted and I managed a total of 200 miles in 2015 and that was a wet ride to and from work. Made a schoolboy error and didn't hose down the salt off the bike so everything has rusted/corroded. The bike stood Sorned up until last weekend where I replaced the battery, removed the rear caliper, cleaned and replaced pads and fitted a braided hose. The "old" battery was new the summer before but it was hooked up to an oxford optimiser. I was surprised that it was completely fudged when I came to start it last week as the optimiser showed it was healthy.

Jobs for this year are:
1) Fit the braided clutch hose I have.
2) Fit a new chain and a smaller renthal front sprocket I have at the ready.
3) Fit my Koso speedo.
4) Sort out the loom as it is a right mess at the moment from where I have chopped into it to fit my headlight mod.
5) Service
6) Handlebar upgrade
7) Sort out all the corrosion. Replace bolts, polish etc.
8) Get out on the bike more - weather permitting. I don't do watersports....or do I :shh:

So there we go. My bike related update for 2015/2016 so far.

Looking to get more involved on the forum and ride outs this year. Life seems to be coming together a bit better than previous years. Just need to move house because at the moment I live in Newport, rent a room during the week in Swindon and travel to Oxford to work, and my misses lives by Weston. Soon as I am no longer living out of a suitcase I will be a happy stormer :D

If anyone is round either these areas and fancies a beer/ride out. Let me know. The bike is in Wales but that isn't much of an issue.

All the best,

Matt
Some people deserve a high 5. In the face. With a rock.
alanfjones1411

Re: Re-spray and general update

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Welcome back :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

hello again.
Your absent sprayer looks to have done a good job.

Not put aside the upgrade list till next winter and get out and ride it like you stole it.

get along to the meet section and put your name down ASAP. we don't bite. well Bazz does but you have to ask him nicely.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
VenerableArc

Post by VenerableArc »

Yeah I will give him that he did a good job!

Haha right you are will head over to the meet section now :thumbup:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I've had a battery ruined by an optimizer also. Now I just go and start it up once a week.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
popkat

Post by popkat »

I often get customers in complaining their batteries knackered after being left on optimate type charges long term, I've never trusted them and if I have bikes sitting around I charge the battery every 2 weeks in winter and about once a month in summer, soon as charged I switch the charger off.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VenerableArc

Post by VenerableArc »

Thanks both. Think I will be parking the optimiser and going with your recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Your new spray job is looking very nice mate :clap: You had a bit of luck regarding the paint and having it resprayed, excellent :thumbup:

Chris.
VenerableArc

Post by VenerableArc »

Thanks Chris. Very pleased with it in the end. He was forgiven as soon as I had everything back haha.

StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Paint looks a good job
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
VenerableArc

Post by VenerableArc »

Cheers Rob. Decals I did myself :D