A12 driver banned after caught speeding 5 times in a month

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Wicky

Re: A12 driver banned after caught speeding 5 times in a mon

Post by Wicky »

Is this the article bazza on SPECS? > http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/specs.htm

Reading up on the Essex/ Suffolk average speed camera an average of 35 drivers a day have been caught speeding along the A12 in the first two months.

That is a potential of more than 2 million quid a year in fines / cost of speed awareness course costs (assuming £100 a pop) :eek2 Better income than from a bitcoin generator :crazy:

The HADECS 3 (Highway Agency Digital Enforcement Camera System 3) http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/hadecs-3.htm also has zero tolerance built in as standard.

So a driver who strays over the speed limit by as little as one mph will now face a £100 fine, three penalty points on their licence, and increased car insurance premiums for the next five years.

A machine has no discretion to consider the road conditions, weather, and time of day; if you speed, you can expect to get a surprise in the post.

There is some good news: the government has confirmed that all speed cameras must be painted yellow by October 2016.

Also, plans by Bedfordshire police to turn on all their cameras as an alternative source of revenue have been blocked, with the Treasury confirming that any money raised would go into its bank account rather than that of the police.
- See more at: http://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/motoring ... 540rz.dpuf
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

That's the one
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

Hadecs is the new one on "smart" motorways, only supposed to be active when the variable speed limit sign is lit up but I saw 2 go off when I picked the Storm up 2 weeks ago and couldn't see a speed limit on the signs (looking back as I passed). Saw an ambulance get flashed too heading to Bognor and there was certainly no limit then, I was in the car with our lass driving so had a good view behind. That was in South Yorks, or maybe Derbyshire. I'd love to see zero tolerance on a radar system though, even with 2 there would have to be some allowance for error
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I would have thought that all the cameras would have to have a tolerance for error built in as surely otherwise that would need calibrating on a regular basis. With wind, rain, snow, power surges etc that's bound to have some form of impact on their accuracy.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:I would have thought that all the cameras would have to have a tolerance for error built in as surely otherwise that would need calibrating on a regular basis. With wind, rain, snow, power surges etc that's bound to have some form of impact on their accuracy.
I agree mate, probably just more scaremongering!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I hate speed cameras. Burn them with fire. LOL

I can't see how they can get away with zero tolerance. So how do they account for inaccuracies with speedos in vehicles. It's madness because people now concentrate more on looking out for speed cameras than they do the road. These things are not road safety. I think they cause more accidents. If they want safer roads remove the speed limits and let people use their common sense. Fair enough put a speed limit on busy roads where there is a high concentration of public, especially around schools, but on A roads and motorways. It's ridiculous. People and vehicles are more than capable of travelling a tonne. Too be sensible I'd put a max speed limit of 90mph anything over a tonne is points. You know what will come next. Toll lanes where if you pay you can go faster.
==============================Enter the Darkside
kanimiro

Post by kanimiro »

why??? did not he get a lesson from the points???
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.