Bike nutter gets imprisonment for speeding..

General Biker Banter
Saintsman27

Bike nutter gets imprisonment for speeding..

Post by Saintsman27 »

Well this guy got 18 months imprisonment from His Honor Judge Gold at
Lewes Crown Court Sussex recently for riding a motorcycle at 100 mph , disqualified driving
and no insurance thrown in as well ..what a waldo .. pics and story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-36562988
alanfjones1411

Re: Bike nutter gets imprisonment for speeding..

Post by alanfjones1411 »

What a knob.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

He was very keen to get away :eh:
I wondered why he had no crash helmet on. I see he lost it when he fell off, it couldn't have been done up,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

What a complete jockey :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well he's an idiot for thinking he could get away with it especially with the eye in the sky and all the cameras around. He would have been better off holding his hands up, apologising and accepting whatever punishment was thrown at him. Nothing wrong with not wearing a helmet and riding at them speeds with no insurance if that's what one wants to do, but it's the way he puts other road users, in particular the pedestrians at risk what is bad along with a total disregard for any highway code. That's why I believe he got such a high penalty because he showed no care for others, either that or he has previous. I think that's a fair judgement. :Beer Popcorn:

At the end of the day we have all or the majority of us have ridden way over 100mph at some stage or another on motorways or A roads. I've done around 150ish :shh: on the Storm along the Pembury bypass when empty at night before. You come off at them speeds and a helmet's not going to make much difference. If anything they encourage a false sense of security and gong faster. Just like cagers enclosed in a bubble we are enclosed in a full faced helmet. As for no insurance, the insurance companies are the real criminals.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

So do you advocate wearing open-face lids?
cybercarl wrote:Well he's an idiot for thinking he could get away with it especially with the eye in the sky and all the cameras around. He would have been better off holding his hands up, apologising and accepting whatever punishment was thrown at him. Nothing wrong with not wearing a helmet and riding at them speeds with no insurance if that's what one wants to do, but it's the way he puts other road users, in particular the pedestrians at risk what is bad along with a total disregard for any highway code. That's why I believe he got such a high penalty because he showed no care for others, either that or he has previous. I think that's a fair judgement. :Beer Popcorn:

At the end of the day we have all or the majority of us have ridden way over 100mph at some stage or another on motorways or A roads. I've done around 150ish :shh: on the Storm along the Pembury bypass when empty at night before. You come off at them speeds and a helmet's not going to make much difference. If anything they encourage a false sense of security and gong faster. Just like cagers enclosed in a bubble we are enclosed in a full faced helmet. As for no insurance, the insurance companies are the real criminals.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I advocate the freedom for people to do as they please with their own body. If one comes off and happens to bang they head without a helmet then it's tough luck, it was their choice, that's just the way it rolls sometimes. It's the luck of the draw so to speak. I hate to use him as an example but benny was wearing a lid. I love the fact that in some parts of the states one can go cruising down the highway easy rider style on a Harley not wearing a helmet. It's fantastic that they have the choice. The same goes for wearing a T-shirt on a hot summers day. Why should someone be made to feel irresponsible if they don't wear leathers or armour. Let nature take it's course, there's nothing wrong with a bit of risk taking in life. Life is one big gamble. We take a bigger gamble going out on a bike versus going out in a car anyway. I might step out into the road and get run over by a bus or might drop dead from a heart attack.

It's the same with all the nancy pansy making it a legal requirement for kids to wear cycling helmets. Give them the choice. I rode a cycle around as kid and banged my head, got cuts and bruises on my legs arms, banged my balls on the crossbar etc. Folk have been doing it for generations and still do in some countries. It's all a learning curve and reminds one to be more careful next time. That's how we learn just like a kid poking their fingers into the fire...ouch, we don't do it again. What shall we do wrap everyone in a bubble wrap in case they hurt themselves or worse. People get hurt, it's a fact of life and some are more unlucky than others. One goes to the doctor because they are feeling unwell, the doctor dishes out some pills to fix or alleviate it. Those pills have side affects that can possibly cause more harm or even slowly kill the person over time. But that's OK because it's socially accepted. On the other hand there could be someone living in a horrible state and in pain and that same doctor is not allowed to euthanase them with that persons consent because it's not socially acceptable.

Who do these people think they are telling folk what they can and cant do to their own body. Sometimes I think they only try to keep people alive because they are another body to go and work for them, spend money and pay taxes. Maybe they can be employed making cycle helmets. More slaves to the cause. Why do they provide body armour to soldiers. If they get shot they can still fight on for them. If that same soldier goes and steps on a land mine...boom, their dead. sh1t happens. We get upset and cry at funerals for purely selfish reasons because it's part of our own life missing. The same with bringing kids into the world, purely for selfish reasons to cement a relationship. No consideration for the kind of world they are being brought into or over populating the planet more because we keep people alive longer. Life is not that precious and the human race is a plague on this planet. It's no good having too much Yin and not enough Yang in nature. One could think of it as those that die are a sacrifice to save those that are left. More food, more jobs, more resources, less rubbish, more space, less homeless, more food, less fighting, more air to breath etc. Put a bit of balance back into things. It's a cycle of life and death. Nature...got to love it. It's what keeps the world going around. If we don't put the balance back into things then nature will do it for us with the next case of influenza or world war or whatever.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

So why do you choose to wear a full face lid and not an open face lid which provides a similar level of protection to not wearing a lid and that wind/tarmac in your face experience?

"Those pills have side affects that can possibly cause more harm or even slowly kill the person over time. But that's OK because it's socially accepted. On the other hand there could be someone living in a horrible state and in pain and that same doctor is not allowed to euthanase them with that persons consent because it's not socially acceptable."

Not sure what your point is ..

...But one has to consent to treatment, wether taking tablets, having blood pressure taken, surgery or even a bed bath..- and even end of life you can agree/choose to be NNR (Do Not Resuscitate) so there's plenty choice there. And recently when my my mum was getting distressed from symptoms of congested heart failure /respiratory failure and there was no hope of her ever getting better I asked docs to find her a sideroom, give her plenty of morphine and make her comfortable so she wouldn't suffer (Withdrawal of treatment > non-active euthanasia). I've worked with terminal patients before and have seen the unnessary prolonging of life and suffering - often because doctors are tied to relatives wishes to prolong life but when they are given a clear instruction they will abide by it as best they can either way but legally they cannot practice active euthanasia (Swiss clinic way).

Types of euthanasia > http://www.pregnantpause.org/euth/types.htm
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

A bit OTT if you ask me. Open face helmet to plague of the planet! :clap:
I had a mate in six form who had half his nose scraped off along with his two front teeth. He was only doing 15mph on his moped when he lost his balance. Good job he was an ugly mucker anyway, no one really noticed. Won't catch me with an open face lid...I'm too pretty

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

So was that why you had to have the extensive plastic surgery then Pete :D
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:eek2 From the man whom they invented halloween for to explain his looks :eek2
That's pretty harsh! :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Pete.L wrote::eek2 From the man whom they invented halloween for to explain his looks :eek2
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers Pete, I like that........and I will be stealing that line to use on a suitable occasion :wink:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Theres doing a 100mph on a motorway then theres doing 100mph through street road.

Prat, what a prat.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete.L wrote::eek2 From the man whom they invented halloween for to explain his looks :eek2

careful there pretty boy..... :Argue: ....., that face cream you use could end up being contaminated with man cream when you are not looking :wonker:
AMcQ