Quick Action Throttle Kit

General Bike chat
GreenEyedGecko

Quick Action Throttle Kit

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Hi, Say could anyone recommend a quick action throttle kit? and what does it feel like? I am finding the standard throttle has such long travel that I cant get it against the stop without reaching forward over the grip - probably not a good idea :?

(Apologies if there is a thread on this already, I had a quick search but couldn't find one)

Cheers
Wicky

Re: Quick Action Throttle Kit

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Hi Christine, hows things?

for the throttle, get the HRC tube that wicky has posted, its fixes the problem you are talking about and works really well.

the relationship between your hand and the engine revs is much more linear and you can get full throttle with no wrist contortions.
only thing to be careful of is you have to be more careful and smooth with the throttle in wet roundabouts as it will be more snatchy.

you going to join us again for the Friday ride up from Settle on 29th?
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

The HRC throttle requires the least amount of turning for full throttle at 1/6 of a full turn. As Al (AMcQ) points out, it takes a little getting used too so you need to be careful in the wet.
The RC45 throttle takes a little more turning for full throttle than the HRC one does, but not by a huge amount at 1/5 of a full turn. This one will also need a little time to adjust yourself to it, but it's not quite as harsh as the HRC throttle.

To give you a better, idea looking at a wall clock (not a digital one :lol: ) :-

HRC throttle = 10mins

RC45 throttle = 12mins

The standard throttle = (1/4 of a full turn) 15mins

HTH's

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

One of the first mods I did to mine. Combine it with a lightened flywheel for a hoot.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

One of the best mods you can do IMO. Have you got standard clipons. If so no need for longer cables, but you will have to slacken them off as much as possible on the carbs. You can do this with the carbs in place. Just remove the tank and airbox to get access. You have two 10mm locknuts on the top cable so put both these on the one side (towards rear of bike) to get max adjustment. It will make sense when you look at them.
==============================Enter the Darkside
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Thanks for the links and the replys. As always, there is a mine of useful info and advice on this site!
(I have standard grips so point noted about the cable adjustment, cheers.)

Hi Al, I am well thanks, hope you are too. Yes I would like to could come along to join the ride for a couple of hours on the Friday. See if I can keep up with you fast lads, eh? :wink: I will post on the Rideout thread.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

you will love it, iv just done mine, ripped the return cable of, fitted it in ten mins, what a fifference :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

one of the best mods you can do, access full throttle without that awkward use of the fingertips.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Getting enough slack on the closing throttle cable can be a pain in the butt, so most of us just remove it and run with only the opening one.
That makes the action lighter as well
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

agentpineapple wrote:one of the best mods you can do, access full throttle without that awkward use of the fingertips.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then you will need some fancy front brakes to counteract the speed. Just try to find some which are ditch proof :angel:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Pete.L wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:one of the best mods you can do, access full throttle without that awkward use of the fingertips.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then you will need some fancy front brakes to counteract the speed. Just try to find some which are ditch proof :angel:

Pete.l
brakes are only as good as the idiot using them...... :oops: :oops: :oops:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Pete.L wrote:

Pete.l
Now that's just mean, go and stand in the corner till you learn to play nicely. Funny as feck though :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF