Well wasn't that an interesting last few corners

General Bike chat
Pipstorm

Well wasn't that an interesting last few corners

Post by Pipstorm »

Did you all like the MotoGP? best two laps of bike racing ever :lol: :lol:
Rossi looked a little concerned in park ferme that Gibbers was going to thump him and did you see Gibbers doing the one hand wave as he crossed the line? :lol: Soooo funny, but it makes you realise that they are paid to win and nothing else matters.

:lol: Roll on next weekend :lol:
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

BEST ACTION SINCE WALKER AND HOGESON. UTTERLY FANTASTIC FINISH.
it may be clever, but its not big.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Greeeeaaaattt

I nearly fell off my seat. :D
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

The race itself was actually a bit boring but I knew Rossi wasnt gonna sit behind him for the whole race. Sssoooo glad I stuck with it till the end.

Did you hear the comentators say that the pace they were running at towards the end would have put them 4th on the grid. The rest of the grid must be wondering how the hell to keep up with them.
Rich.

philm

Those last cupla corners

Post by philm »

Yea what a great finish to the first race,I think Gibenau rode a good race,but it was a certainty that Rossi was going to ping him on the final couple of laps.Was a bit taken aback at first but then thinking about it is a race to the finish and basically I think Rossi was within the bounds of energetic racing.So good on him!
Was nearly rolling around on the floor after they showed the riders going up the stairs to the podium and Gibbers stopped at the top of the stairs to pause awhile to nurse his "hurt" arm.Then Rossi looked down at the camera with that cheeky grin on his face and saying as much" what a wonker"
Cheers stormboy
philm/Stormboy
twintin

Post by twintin »

gibernau left a gap, rossi stuck it in plain an simple, he would have done it himself if the positions had been reversed, that's what racers do, he must have known what was going to happen, if he'd of backed off a tad rossi would have run wide with nothing to bounce off and he could have scooted up the inside of him job done and he knows it, thats why he's not been bleating on about it, roll on next week :D
its not rust it's character
robin1000

Post by robin1000 »

Now come on Kaz, you're letting girlie feelings blur your perception of the best racer for generations! :wink:
Rossi is the best, no doubt. He knew what he was gonna do from before half distance, and Gibernau must have known it too.
Roll on the rest of the season, and let's hope that the rest of the field can give 'em more of a run. :D
Bikes and scorned women don't mix!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Anyone tape it cos I missed it, dragged out shopping!!!! :cry: :cry:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

just moved Kaz so I have'nt got sky at the moment
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I wouldnt worry too much Iggy, it was only in the last 2 or 3 laps that it got exciting. I'm sure they'll show that bit again before the next race.
Rich.

L8RGYZ

Post by L8RGYZ »

Gibernau is great, but he can't beat Rossi for the same reason Biaggi can't; he's got the skills but he's just too emotional! He's trying to control it; you could see that in the interview, but Rossi just makes him boil with his coolness.
Then there's our guy Hayden. Podium was his. Do you think he lost concentration because he backed it down, knowing he couldn't catch the leaders? Or did he push it too far in a vain attempt to get to the front? What do YOU think...or do you even care?
It's about the road, not about the chrome.

'98 Super Hawk
TapeWorks Graphics, SS f&r Brakelines, Progrip 724, Galindo bar-ends, R1 CF Mirrors, Puig CF Hugger
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

I think that "if looks could kill" Rossi would be a dead man and Gibernau would be awaiting trial!! I presume Rossi helicoptered out of the circuit??!
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

iggy1966 wrote:Anyone tape it cos I missed it, dragged out shopping!!!! :cry: :cry:
Here ya go mate
http://www2.motogp.com/ppv_multimedia2/ ... _36228.wmv

Its only the last corner incident but thats pretty much the race anyway!!

Ben
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nice one Ben :D
It doesn't look so bad just seeing that bit but I thought the lap before was all the justification needed to make that little bump just a racing incident. They were both really going for it and neither wanted second....Cracking stuff 8)

Iggy said
Anyone tape it cos I missed it, dragged out shopping!!!!
Snigger.....and you've only just got engaged :wink: Imagine what it will be like after the wedding :P :P

Pete.l
Johnny Wishbone

Grrr....

Post by Johnny Wishbone »

:evil:

Well if that isn't blatently forcing someone off the track I dunno what is! As soon as Gibbers is on the grass Rossi cranks it over and pisses off up the straight!
I hope Rossi isn't going to adopt a "win at all costs" approach to the season.
Out of my way or I'll eat the lot of ye!!