995cc or 996cc?

General Bike chat
Troutman

995cc or 996cc?

Post by Troutman »

Whilst rebuilding my bike after CCT replacement this evening I noticed on the side of the front cylinder 995cm3..everywhere else states that the Firestorm is 996cm3..did I read it wrong?
I know that 1cc would make all the difference so I'm wondering if this is why I can't get mine to wheelie..I have the much restricted 995cc version for learners and girls.
tony.mon

Re: 995cc or 996cc?

Post by tony.mon »

Just put a washer under the spark plug- bingo, more cylinder and combustion chamber volume.

Or file the number off the casting and stamp on a bigger one.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

What colour is it, I believe they put the smaller cc engines in certain colours only
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

It can't be red because they are the fastest
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

I've done some research on this and apparently Honda did make 5 995cc VTR1000F bikes..each has a Golden Ticket hidden somewhere within it. This ticket allows you to tour the Honda HRC factory and be given lots of amazing parts for your Firestorm (Superhawk if in the US). Greedy, arrogant, spoilt winners will be weeded out and the one who wins is given a brand new SP2 and taken to Tokyo's finest titty club as well.
Mine is now in a thousand pieces, I reckon it's inside the fuel tank so the grinder is coming out later.
oldburnthippy

Post by oldburnthippy »

Troutman wrote:I've done some research on this and apparently Honda did make 5 995cc VTR1000F bikes..each has a Golden Ticket hidden somewhere within it. This ticket allows you to tour the Honda HRC factory and be given lots of amazing parts for your Firestorm (Superhawk if in the US). Greedy, arrogant, spoilt winners will be weeded out and the one who wins is given a brand new SP2 and taken to Tokyo's finest titty club as well.
Mine is now in a thousand pieces, I reckon it's inside the fuel tank so the grinder is coming out later.

When do the oompa-loompas get here???.........................I'll get me coat :Hang:
My darling wife has many faults
But I have only two
Every bloody thing I say
And everything I do
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Troutman wrote:I've done some research on this and apparently Honda did make 5 995cc VTR1000F bikes..each has a Golden Ticket hidden somewhere within it. This ticket allows you to tour the Honda HRC factory and be given lots of amazing parts for your Firestorm (Superhawk if in the US). Greedy, arrogant, spoilt winners will be weeded out and the one who wins is given a brand new SP2 and taken to Tokyo's finest titty club as well.
lmfao..

think il get the angle grinder out to mine to check me numbers...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

You thought I was joking..

The HM stands for "very rare" in Japanese
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Actually it's closer to 996 than it is 995 to be precise its 995.7 so in the math world most folk usually round off to the nearest whole number when talking about these things which in this case would be 996. For some reason, probably to play on the safe side if folk use this for calculating compression when going to high comp, Honda have gone the other way. The HM will be for Honda Motorcycle :thumbup:

Do I get a Golden Ticket to the Geisha girls. Screw the parts. :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

No you don't..you get a green haired Umpa Lumpa for the night and a blow up doll of the late and fantastic Gene Wilder.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Hey this is Japan....they all sorts of weird and wonderful sex products. I could have a robot. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside