Guy Martin on TV...again Pt 99

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Guy Martin on TV...again Pt 99

Post by MacV2 »

Speed with Guy Martin. Channel 4, Sunday 25th September at 7.30pm. Series 3 Episode 2: Pedal-Powered Airship.
Guy attempts to become the first person to cross the English Channel in a human-powered airship, pedalling a bike suspended from a helium-filled balloon as big as a bus. What could possibly go wrong?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Re: Guy Martin on TV...again Pt 99

Post by Kev L »

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

yep,heading for a300 run and he walked away.a huge change from the early speed attempts were a crash was usualy followed by a coffin :thumbup:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Gotta love Guy's attitude :clap:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm glad Guy managed to survive that, scary stuff.

Thanks Mac for the heads up :thumbup:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

'It's all part of the job' :lol: :lol: :lol: I want a job like that :biggrin Guy never ceases to amaze me. There's defo something very special about him.
==============================Enter the Darkside
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

Personally I don't like him,fair play he makes watchable tv but if the cameras aren't watching he couldn't give a monkeys about his fans (witnessed his bad attitude to adults and kids a few times)just my opion and I'm sure some will disagree but he's a knob
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Goody, I know where you are coming from but I met him in Spain and In real life he is shy and introverted, he struggles dealing with the public. In truth I would say he is on the spectrum and he is totally focused on a few small things and treats everything else as an unwelcome distraction.

But it's people like him that show how dull some of the "media friendly" race stars are. He can't not act how he is feeling and he will always end up shitting in his own nest as he cant control his emotions

But I like that:)
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:Goody, I know where you are coming from but I met him in Spain and In real life he is shy and introverted, he struggles dealing with the public. In truth I would say he is on the spectrum and he is totally focused on a few small things and treats everything else as an unwelcome distraction.

But it's people like him that show how dull some of the "media friendly" race stars are. He can't not act how he is feeling and he will always end up shitting in his own nest as he cant control his emotions

Don't mess with Brian his inner chimp! :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

AMCQ46 wrote:Goody, I know where you are coming from but I met him in Spain and In real life he is shy and introverted, he struggles dealing with the public. In truth I would say he is on the spectrum and he is totally focused on a few small things and treats everything else as an unwelcome distraction.

Fair comment and I'm not looking for an argument I totally understand what your saying about media friendly but also having met him away from the public eye I got the if I'm not being payed f,,k em impression of him so that will stick with me,maybe I just met him on a bad day who knows I'm just going on things he said on the day,(and not to me personally) but let's be fair if your going to make tv for the public viewing you should be a little media friendly if the cameras are rolling or not
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

This is true, but I don't think he wants a tv career, it's the tv people that want him because he is a freak show. He only puts up with it because he gets to see and do things that he enjoys. He would walk away if it bored him.
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh I don't know about that Al. TV pays well and could buy him some nice parts. You may be being little naive there. I think he would like to break free from the TT and also the HGV garage and work in TV on a more permanent basis. Hey... you know what we need...a motorcycle top gear for him to present. He will run out of crazy ideas to challenge sooner or later. Or maybe he can be the next..what's his name that died who done all the steam and industrial machine programmes. wombles it, stick him in the big brother house. Now that would be interesting. :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Oh I don't know about that Al. TV pays well and could buy him some nice parts. You may be being little naive there. I think he would like to break free from the TT and also the HGV garage and work in TV on a more permanent basis. Hey... you know what we need...a motorcycle top gear for him to present. He will run out of crazy ideas to challenge sooner or later. Or maybe he can be the next..what's his name that died who done all the steam and industrial machine programmes. wombles it, stick him in the big brother house. Now that would be interesting. :lol:
http://www.freddibnahheritagecentre.com/
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yep that's him. Guy would be great on one of those kind of programmes. Something to do with engineering.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

How Britain worked ch4.