Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Varastorm

Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8

Post by Varastorm »

Winters coming & since the rear Pirelli diablo super corsa has worn so much, it's practically slick on the right side. It's time to change it :lol:

This time of the year I usually swap the "summer" wheels over to the ^Winter" Std Varadero wheels (19" front & 4.5" rear) shod with Metzeler Tourance atm. Brilliant tyre btw.

I really want to keep the summer wheels on this winter (17" front & 5.5" rear), but I'm reluctant to pay for a new pair of tyres so I usually keep my eyes peeled for a good set on eBay. Today was the day :D

Just won a set of Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8 to fit on the 17" Cbr600f3 front & 900 blade 5.5" rear.

Any good? All stories, pro's & con's welcomed :thumbup:
Mav617

Re: Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8

Post by Mav617 »

Not the same tyre but I put Z6 Metzs on the TRX and they were great :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

I've been running Z8s on my VFR and the VTR, they're fantastic road tyres, and I generally get about 8000km out of a set (100% twisty road riding). I just bought some Roadtec 01s for the VFR, and they're even better so far as I can tell, very pliant and stable but with a quicker turn in tha the Z8s.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

The Z8's are great in all weather conditions. Until I tried the Michelin Pilot Road 4's I wouldn't run anything else.

If you don't do any offroad riding on the Varadero then The Michelins are available as a Michelin Pilot Road 4 Trail version with a 19" front. I run them on my V-Strom and they are fantastic.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it :thumbup:

Like I mentioned, these will hopefully do me for the winter, will be interesting to see if they're as good as the Tourances.

I was looking out for a part worn 180 rear Tourance, but very rare to find used & expensive new. If I had of found one, I'd of run with the oem 3 spoke 19" front (Tourance Next) & 3 spoke Firestorm wheel 5.5" rear.

Still looking for one though :roll: :thumbup:
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

The Z8's are good. I ran them for a while and they got me sold on Metzelers, but I got a puncture on the rear and wanted to swap to M7RR's. I now have a part-worn Z8 front if anyone wants it.

The only wobble I had on the Z8's was at a damp track day. The front had a moment on a tight left-hander, but I would have expected that from anything other than a proper wet tyre given the conditions. They never spun up on me in a straight line like my PR3's did, and on a dry track they were good for some peg-down action.