Re: CBR1000 Firestorm

Post by sirch345 »

Very nice job 8) :clap: Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Chris.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Cause you have the space? I think it would look good with the panagale
WSB exhaust, there isn't the space on a normal storm.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Shouldn't title be VTR1000 Fireblade?
moto1818

Post by moto1818 »

sirch345 wrote:Very nice job 8) :clap: Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Chris.
Thanks for the comments, I was hopeful of a reasonable response so Im happy. Its always good to get opinions good or bad because you do get (well I do) tunnel vision and to get another view always makes you rethink. I'm seriously considering mounting the exhausts as the Panigale WSBK is set up as suggested here, that is something that never entered my head! It would solve my worry about long link pipes and long exhaust brackets. I'm going to mock them up tomorrow with the silencers the original length but for it to work I might have to shorten them but we will see.
I always mock up my link pipes with flexible vacuum cleaner pipe, once its set as I want it I smother in superglue then I have my pattern :p ready for making in metal.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

moto1818 wrote: I always mock up my link pipes with flexible vacuum cleaner pipe, once its set as I want it I smother in superglue then I have my pattern :p ready for making in metal.
That sounds like a great idea :thumbup:

Chris.
moto1818

Post by moto1818 »

I've had the shits and puking this weekend so not a lot done but never mind. I have started the exhaust mods, I've decided to have a Panigale set up. I've modified the downpipes to suit. The first picture is of the subframe bracket to accept the Fireblade subframe.

I've tidied up subframe where it meets the frame, I've made a bit of fairing and plastic welded a locating tab.

The above picture is the final position of the silencer with the pipework modified, I intend to shorten the silencer considerably.

I hope I have enough clearance!
moto1818

Post by moto1818 »

A few more pictures.

moto1818

Post by moto1818 »

A few attempts at my new fairing piece before deciding!

-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

Wow very well done! Looking forward to the result in the end! :thumbup:
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i have to admire your work, for some time i've thought the rear fairing of a storm isn't that attractive, what you have done to the rear is epic... :thumbup:
imho i'm not keen on the blade front fairings, i just don't think they sit right, but that's just my opinion, i admire what you are doing tho and i look forward to seeing the finished bike... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
moto1818

Post by moto1818 »

agentpineapple wrote:i have to admire your work, for some time i've thought the rear fairing of a storm isn't that attractive, what you have done to the rear is epic... :thumbup:
imho i'm not keen on the blade front fairings, i just don't think they sit right, but that's just my opinion, i admire what you are doing tho and i look forward to seeing the finished bike... :thumbup:
Thanks for the encouraging word guys, appreciated. I respect your view on the front end :thumbup:
I have finished making the exhaust downpipes, well these are mocks ups and I'll have some made in stainless once I'm convinced. I would like to ask if anyone knows what differing downpipe lengths to the silencers will make in terms of running/performance. The front cylinder now runs to the left hand silencer and the rear cylinder to the right hand. The front cylinder downpipe is approx twice the length of the rear, I have chosen this as to minimise the amount of downpipe and to allow both to run alongside the shock absorber(I'll post picture up shortly to make clear) to clean up in my view the back end. Any advice would be great!

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well Mr Honda didn't spend loads of Yen sorting it out to run right for no reason...So don't expect it to run bob on without any problems.

Same with cutting the cans down..They are that length for a reason...Gasses, back presures, scavenging ect.

Good luck with it, factor in some dyno time...

Oh & for once I have to agree with Marty...The tail looks OK...Me no likey the front, just dont look right...Well it does on a Fireblade but I don't like how they look anyway... :crazy:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

Great work mate, look forward to seeing it all completed.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

WOW the can's in that position look amazing 8)

Chris.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

The cans look great where they are but think they could do with moving back so the end cap overhangs the tail, plus will reduce chance of melting tailpiece when they get hot, don't forget about heatshield either
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!