high storm prices

General Bike chat
agentpineapple

high storm prices

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm all for our bikes being worth more, but just lately the prices have gotten silly, even in winter, people are asking big money big money for them, doesn't mean they're selling for that amount.
but prices have been on the up for about 18mths. I wonder why?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: high storm prices

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Hello Agent P. Hmmm - what is reaching the higher figure? Heavily modified and sorted bikes with fancy bits, or erm. standard red ones with all the original bits? LOL :think: :?: :lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Paultandy

Post by Paultandy »

I saw a nice 1 on gumtree this morning for £1000. Just been back on gumtree and It's gone already it's only been on there for about 8 hours lol
:beer: I drink beer like my bike drinks petrol :beer:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Hello Agent P. Hmmm - what is reaching the higher figure? Heavily modified and sorted bikes with fancy bits, or erm. standard red ones with all the original bits? LOL :think: :?: :lol:
the accepted wisdom is that you don't really get your money back if you put loads of trick bits on which I suppose is why people sometimes take em off and sell those parts separately, also I believe buyers prefer standard bikes?

mind you I've only ever bought one firestorm ( 6,half years ago and ive never sold one?)
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Have seen a few bikes for sale recently and have wondered where folk get their ideas on values from... myself I don't see the storm as a bike that's really going anywhere value wise except for the very mint, low miles original bikes and then that's dependent on the right buyer coming along. One just been chucked up on one of the f'book pages this morning... red, 25k few extras and to be fair does look nice and tidy seller is looking for 2k for it... I just don't see it worth that type of money. That said... i'll be happy if i'm wrong seeing as I have basically the same bike with lower miles, lots paperwork and easily in as good of condition that i'll be looking to sell shortly :P
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

this time last year picked up a tidy blue one for £1000 with a new nitron shock on it......
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

To be fair, if you've just spent £12-15K on a new bike, £1000 is winter hack money.
So there may be more demand lately due to this.

More demand raises prices a little.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
podman

Post by podman »

"high" is all relative thou, Storms are a bloody bargain compared to bikes such as VFR800s/Fazer1000s with similar mileage.