New Remus exhaust. Should I drill it?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
mike.kir

New Remus exhaust. Should I drill it?

Post by mike.kir »

Hi

I've recently bought hi level Remus exhaust. It is nice looking and very light. The problem is with sound :? It sounds like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15oBfCxlwC0
Louder than stock, almost no bass, it is street legal. This one is pre Remus Revolution series so no removable baffle. The question is if anyone has any experience with this kind of pipes? The integrated baffle that is welded round has very long inner non-perforated pipe of low diameter. I am thinking of removing this inner pipe but then wouldn't it be too loud? I am riding in the night or early in the morning through local villages so I don't want locals to start spilling oil on the corners :wink: The volume of the stock pipes after bafflectomy is the upper limit as my wife was able to hear me from ~2 miles :wink:
Paultandy

Re: New Remus exhaust. Should I drill it?

Post by Paultandy »

It's up to you my friend but i would rip them out :lol: I got stock pipes on my bike that have been doctored to get that deep bass thumping sound. All the street here's me get home at 6 in morning :lol: bet thay all love me 8)
:beer: I drink beer like my bike drinks petrol :beer:
mike.kir

Post by mike.kir »

You might be right. I've bought them for 100£ so if they will be too loud I can still sell them to someone that just wants to be heard by EVERYONE :lol: Btw nothing beats the sound of our love without mufflers. Too bad that it is so loud and unhealthy to engine.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

my mates has them on his storm, we removed them, deep, deep noise was the result. Wonderful i do miss the noise. He also has a set of quill high levels, they sound amazing too with baffles removed.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
mike.kir

Post by mike.kir »

Nice :) Thanks for reply. I'll post some vid after removal.
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

If your thinking about doing it, do it in a way it can be reversed at first :P
Sod the locals, loud pipes save lives and a booming V-Twin turns most heads.

Look forward to hearing it as I have the old Remus cans with fixed baffle.
mike.kir

Post by mike.kir »

German engineering, quality of steel and welds on this thing took me 4 hours of grinding and only 50% of one side was done. There is no option to drill it as the is not enough space and no flat surfaces. Finally tired of this sh1t I took welder, set to 130A and burned the baffle out. The result is maybe not so aesthetically pleasing but it works. I am wondering if they aren't too loud now but I have to finish some other repairs to check it on the road. The result is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBl_PY-KetE
Ianasauras

Post by Ianasauras »

Was thinking of doing this myself, but there's obviously a fair amount of work to be done!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mike.kir wrote:Hi

I've recently bought hi level Remus exhaust. It is nice looking and very light. The problem is with sound :? It sounds like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15oBfCxlwC0
Louder than stock, almost no bass, it is street legal. This one is pre Remus Revolution series so no removable baffle. The question is if anyone has any experience with this kind of pipes? The integrated baffle that is welded round has very long inner non-perforated pipe of low diameter. I am thinking of removing this inner pipe but then wouldn't it be too loud? I am riding in the night or early in the morning through local villages so I don't want locals to start spilling oil on the corners :wink: The volume of the stock pipes after bafflectomy is the upper limit as my wife was able to hear me from ~2 miles :wink:
bloody hell, what's all that white stuff in your first video.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
tbh I thought they sounded ok, much better than stock, they sound even better now tho, best buy some ear plugs now :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mike.kir

Post by mike.kir »

Ianasauras wrote:Was thinking of doing this myself, but there's obviously a fair amount of work to be done!
It is much more work in this particular case in comparison to debaffling originals. I'm very happy that finally I thought about burning it out as grinding it is a nightmare.
agentpineapple wrote:bloody hell, what's all that white stuff in your first video....
It's cocain of course..
agentpineapple wrote:tbh I thought they sounded ok, much better than stock, they sound even better now tho
They sounded better than originals but much worse than originals debaffled. It's:
originals < Remus ori < originals debaffled < Remus debaffled
Bonus points for Remus debaffled for some fire visible during revving :wink:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hahahaha love that meme.
I like this one, reminds me of lloydie last year
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bloody Peachy. :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
mike.kir

Post by mike.kir »

agentpineapple wrote:I like this one, reminds me of lloydie last year
We should make similar one but with badger included :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mike.kir wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:I like this one, reminds me of lloydie last year
We should make similar one but with badger included :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!