Insurance Renewal

General Biker Banter
VTRpaul

Insurance Renewal

Post by VTRpaul »

Who declares all their mod's when renewing their insurance and do you get a good deal. If so who do you use because mines gone up about £100 since last year. :thumbdown:
StormingHonda

Re: Insurance Renewal

Post by StormingHonda »

A lot of people don't, the problem is if you don't and the insurer can use that as a reason to squirm out of paying out then your in a lot of trouble.

To be fair I tend not to mod my bikes, okay aftermarket can and such, but nothing heavy, they are quick enough out the box to warrant not bothering.

My Fireblade I have found out AFTER I bought it is modified quite a lot, I'm considering selling it or maybe putting it back to standard.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

My excess with mce is £850:00 so I don't tell them of the mods done as it'll be written off anyway.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
podman

Post by podman »

Footman James and Carol Nash from my experience are reasonable & understanding with mods on classic stuff so would be worth a shout.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

podman wrote:Footman James and Carol Nash from my experience are reasonable & understanding with mods on classic stuff so would be worth a shout.
il also have to give them a try. i rang my own company to put the spondon framed bike onto the policy with the storm and the divvy and was asked. its a what? how do you spell that lol.
mmmmmm il take that as a no then lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The whole insurance industry is a scam and they will do whatever they can to squirm out of making payments or pay as little as they can so you may as well accept that our bikes don't have much value and get the cheapest policy you can find. As long as your road legal then it don't matter but here lays the problem. If something is not declared then your insurance could possibly be classed as void therefore your not insured, but this is a grey area. You pay for a service so you should get that service therefore it's their problem. If it went to the courts then you could argue that that you did not see and/or could not comprehend the legal jargon used in the small print provided under terms and conditions. How many people read the small print for everything. If they don't provide basic terms and conditions in a language we can read and understand and we are forced into signing paperwork because there is no other option then our signature and agreement is null and void. Were signing without even understanding what we are signing for. :wink: I'm no export on legal matters but that is my opinion.
==============================Enter the Darkside