Manual CCT's and Resistance Readings.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Knobby69

Manual CCT's and Resistance Readings.

Post by Knobby69 »

I have fitted stopper mod CCT's, but with there being a little rattle at tickover, I am going to fit manual cct's in case I have a broken spring. Has anyone tried to use an endoscope down a plug hole to confirm the position of the engine re comp/exhaust stroke to avoid unnecessary work?

Secondly, would this be a good time to adjust the Carb resistance setting? There seems to be some conflict in the info available as to how it helps and the best setting. I am not sure what has been done in my bikes past. but it is fitted with Fuel cans and has occasional farts during cold weather, but is better when warm. Might I be trying to fix a problem that is not there and leave well alone?

Last of all, is there any info on here re subframe/seat cowl/seat assembly? Mine was broken after an off, so not sure how it all went together ans from the bits I have it seems to be going to hold together by a prayer as much as the few bolts!

Thank you for your help

Nigel
Wicky

Re: Manual CCT's and Resistance Readings.

Post by Wicky »

Get to know your Storm with some disassembly to fit the Manuals - doesn't take long to get the tank and airbox off and while in with your sleeves rolled up it is a good opportunity to fit a front pot vacuum take off plug and hose for easy carb balancing. On that note most storms have a bit of carb fart, so a balance won't do any harm - just raise the idle to prevent it stalling. As for short cuts with MCCTs, while technically feasible sticking a chopstick in the plughole why skimp on doing it right...
Carb resistance setting
Do you mean jetting change? Either read up on rough & ready approach in workshop knowledgebase section or invest in some dyno time to get it precise,

Pop along to a workshop day to compare your subframe assembly coming up shortly in Spring. And in the meantime the VTR's Honda Service manual is available in the knowledgebase as a PDF download. And / or check the microfiche diagrams to see what parts fit it together.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/moto-h ... 11510.html
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Re: Manual CCT's and Resistance Readings.

Post by AMCQ46 »

Knobby......... are you the same bloke who came to OP storm Wales a good few years ago and made us bump start your bike in the morning [kill switch off!!]?????? - where have you been hiding, we thought we had scared you off :lol:

if you make it to one of the workshop days coming up soon, you will get some help and advise on doing both jobs... taking the rear cam cover off is not to much effort and allows you to set the slack correctly on the MCCT, so don't try a short cut with the endoscope.

I assume you are talking about setting the TPS to a lower value... yes it helps but best to do after setting the carb balance and getting the idle good, then lower the TPS setting.
AMcQ