Job Update

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Job Update

Post by bigtwinthing »

Well as some of you are aware, i hate my job. Good pay and bonus etc but working 10 hrs a day + driving 2 hrs up there and usually 3 hrs back home was a bloody chore. Yesterday i had a meeting with my Manager.

I was asked to take another Workshop back on a further 39 miles away. Now seeing as they made me go to Health management due to my issue that i was forgetful, the report said due to my "Forgetfulness" being part of my Chemo treatment and i do lose concentration if its extremely noisy etc i should only be at 1 site. So.

I asked for them to release me from my contact with them. The result.!!! Paid to go, inc my Bonus and my 25Yr Gratuity next month. so i am unemployed for the first time in my life. And bloody happy.

Ive been to look at a Van today as i want one. I want a local job with no HR Shite, No e mails and hopefully no phone. keep your fingers crossed please.
Skiing next week and maybe the summer off !!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
grumpyfrog

Re: Job Update

Post by grumpyfrog »

Going by your reaction: Congratulation Sir.
I soooooo know how you are feeling, but have way too many years of service still to complete before I am fortunate enough to do that.
So go enjoy your Skiing, relax and take each day as it comes.

Jammy git! :thumbup:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Yeeeehhh...Stick it to the MAN !

Well you seem happy so thats all good I just hope you had a good raid of the stores before you left ... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good luck Paul, hope it works out for you mucker. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

MacV2 wrote:Yeeeehhh...Stick it to the MAN !
And some. Enjoy the sweet air and light feet that comes with freedom
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Never thought I would be congratulating some one that has just become unemployed. It's what you wanted now go off and enjoy the holiday. Well done. :thumbup: :clap:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm happy that your happy mate, there's a lot to be said for taking a local job, even if its less well paid, less stress and less commuting, good luck with what ever the future brings mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Less paid jobs don't always make one happy :roll: I think the thing to do is stay away from the big companies and work for smaller more private firms preferably family run type businesses. Personally I think all these big companies need to be brought down. They are ruining peoples life's and the law is an ass as there are too many loopholes and they are left to get away with things. Minimum wage should be at least double what it is for folk to just be able to survive in this day and age. Right now it's modern day slavery. In fact in some ways we would be better off treated like slaves and given food and board instead. Abandon rent, bills, council tax etc. Let them pay it, join the Army :lol:

Paul your health comes first mate especially as you can afford to take a break, relax and think about what direction to take. I can't help thinking they have purposely driven you away because of your health issues. Get a younger up and coming ex uni student in who they can groom. I hope you can find something that will give you your life back. Good luck mate.
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Never thought I would be congratulating some one that has just become unemployed. It's what you wanted now go off and enjoy the holiday. Well done. :thumbup: :clap:
that sums it up perfectly .... result :thumbup:
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well done Paul.
and with a bit of gratuity pay you'll also have the chance to sit back, relax and smell the rose for a bit :thumbup:
Then you'll get bored. :wink: Get yourself back out there when you are ready and don't let your brain go to mush. Hopefully this will give you the respite to take your time and find something you like.
Good luck on your next endeavor :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Happy being out of work. Better words are not often heard. Enjoy the new challenge, whatever it is and whenever incomes up.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Well done Paul, and good luck for the future mate :thumbup:
podman

Post by podman »

Good for you mate, nothing much feels better than telling a poor company where to stick their job, im on the cusp of doing similar myself, see if I get that second interview...

Enjoy the Summer off!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Thank you Guys. Well next week i have a 360 driving job for 3 days. Then after the ski holiday i have a week off then 5 days Driving an HGV 1 delivering Tractors. No overnights so thats good. I shall look forward to it. Then possibly the rest of the month Off. Hopefully on the bike each day. Apparently HGV Drivers are in very short supply down here. Be odd finding 16 gears in an Artic after the Auto boxes in an RCV :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Good luck Paul hope you find something !
Now your clocking on a bit have you thought about a lolly pop man job ?