Socket sets

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rufs

Socket sets

Post by rufs »

Going investing in a socket set soon.
Had a crappy halfords one which gave me more cuts and scrapes due to sockets breaking.
Anyway, any advice before buying? Decent affordable brands? What sizes etc.
Thanks in advance
Rufs
lloydie

Re: Socket sets

Post by lloydie »

Snapon / mac ,
popkat

Post by popkat »

Halfords professional are as good as many more expensive brands, they often do special deals too.

Was set a cheaper one ? as I have no problems with my Halfords tools and I work with them every day.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

popkat wrote:Halfords professional are as good as many more expensive brands, they often do special deals too.

Was set a cheaper one ? as I have no problems with my Halfords tools and I work with them every day.

I agree with that. The professional range are top quality, socket set and ratchet spanners :thumbup:

If you get them in the 1/2 price sale the price is great as well
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
popkat wrote:Halfords professional are as good as many more expensive brands, they often do special deals too.

I agree with that. The professional range are top quality, socket set and ratchet spanners :thumbup:

If you get them in the 1/2 price sale the price is great as well
Also the pro range have a life time g/tee.... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

Snap on do a cheaper range called 'Blue Point', they are also lifetime guaranteed & really good quality. I've got literally thousands of £'s worth of Snap On tools & bought a Blue Point socket set for my 16 year old son to get him started.

Possibly not the cheapest but they come in a really strong carry case & they're certainly very good quality and therefore value for money.

Look after your tools and they'll look after you!!!
Rappelez tout mais ne pardonner rien!!
Robert j

Post by Robert j »

Iv been using halfords sockets n tools for years never had a problem and my local halfords has a half price tool sale on at the mo got some nice stuff in there
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

For average joe at home.. Snap on and mac tools are both great if you got money to burn. Blue point are good value and ofc from snap on. Halfords used to do a cheap range... I wouldn't touch it just based on how garbage the ratchets were and how quick they fell to bits... The pro range (may be called advanced now) on the other hand are great value for money especially when on offer which is often. I have a few bits from draper that I have yet to break or wear out. Clark tools.. kinda on the fence with them... cheap and you get what you pay for springs to mind. I only buy basic bits from them.