And another one....

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
Shauned71

And another one....

Post by Shauned71 »

This should of been the start of my street fighter build but i'm putting that on hold for now. Instead i'm just gonna build something I fancy.. which is simply just another storm but hopefully will a very nice looking one. Quite some time ago I spotted a cbr600.. not sure of year so will guess f4i... maybe a tad newer.. it was a red bike with just basic decals.. no big strips etc and it had black frame, swing arm, sub frame etc. I loved the colour combo and that's what i want on a storm.. I have a 03 plate frame that i am going to build on.. I have a approx 18k mile motor from a earlier storm that I am going to use along with appropriate wiring/clocks etc. I will be robbing the black braced swing arm off my other storm and i have a lovely set of red panels plus belly pan for it.. exhaust options will be either carbon Microns or near new stainless Delkevic.. will see what looks best when i get there. Won't be rushing to quickly into this one as I want to get my black bike finished first but will make a start by dropping frame etc off for powder coat next week plus will make a start on cleaning up/painting the motor. As usual this is always subject to change thanks to the weird voices in my head coming up with new ideas but basically that will be the bike.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: And another one....

Post by sirch345 »

Interesting to hear what you have planned Shaun :thumbup:
I like the colour combo you have in mind 8)

Look forward to following your work :D

Chris.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:56 pm Interesting to hear what you have planned Shaun :thumbup:

Chris.
Thanks Chris... I have been trying to find the copy of the photo I had saved of the CBR600 that gave me the idea but for the life of me I can't find it. Have fancied the colour combo for quite some time now and had considered spraying my matt black storm red which would give the red/black theme but decided to leave the matt one alone and to be honest now that one is near finished I'm glad I did... seeing as I have a pile spares here plus a lovely set of red fairings I decided to put what I want together... bit more in the way of other stuff going on at mo so hopefully will get the frame off to powdercoater next week and then make a start properly on it's return :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Shauned71 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:13 pm
sirch345 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:56 pm Interesting to hear what you have planned Shaun :thumbup:

Chris.
Thanks Chris... I have been trying to find the copy of the photo I had saved of the CBR600 that gave me the idea but for the life of me I can't find it. Have fancied the colour combo for quite some time now and had considered spraying my matt black storm red which would give the red/black theme but decided to leave the matt one alone and to be honest now that one is near finished I'm glad I did... seeing as I have a pile spares here plus a lovely set of red fairings I decided to put what I want together... bit more in the way of other stuff going on at mo so hopefully will get the frame off to powdercoater next week and then make a start properly on it's return :D
You sound a bit like me, as in saving a photo, but can't remember where you saved it :wink:

It'll turn up I'm sure.

I'm going to have a look for a photo or two I have somewhere I'm sure of your latest Yellow Storm. As I said in your post of that bike, I think I remember that bike belonging to a member of this forum from many many years ago,

Chris.