Yorkshire May 13th 2022

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

budd

Re: Yorkshire May 13th 2022

Post by budd »

not fussed about breakfast, send me your paypal details and add me to the WhatsApp group
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

budd wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:33 pm not fussed about breakfast, send me your paypal details and add me to the WhatsApp group
Its the rest of the food too
And bring ur own drinks 😉
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
budd

Post by budd »

I'll bring a sandwich and a can of coke...
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

budd wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:14 pm I'll bring a sandwich and a can of coke...
I was talking about bfast...
We having a bbq Friday night so that needs covering
Nothing showing on my pp tho 🤣🤣
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
budd

Post by budd »

see earlier post 'not fussed about breakfast' ...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cheekykev wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:23 am Looks OK to me Al, I'd probably suggest while you were over to the East side of the ride, you might as well nip over to Whitby via Pickering, and take in Goathland (where Heart Beat) was filmed on your way back.
There's plenty of fish and chip shops, and ice cream parlours Whitby, the weather forecast looks good, so an ice cream stop might be welcome.

here is the same route with Whitby added .... tases it up to 280 miles which could be a bit much, so I will do a version which just does the easter parts as I have never been out that way, so fancy a bit of a change

280 miles inc Whitby
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

here is the option only going east from the B&B

240 miles inc Whitby
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

and here is the original route with a few corrections to keep us off farm tracks!

172 miles Yorkshire
AMcQ
neil

Post by neil »

On the eastern route there's a very good biker/car cafe south of Pickering called NY500 well worth a visit. Beware on western route, site of Britains worst road accident at Dibbles bridge between Pateley Bridge and Grassington. From buttertubs pass run up to Tan Hill Inn (Britains highest pub) then back down to Reeth is worth a run.
redvtr
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:43 pm here is the option only going east from the B&B

240 miles inc Whitby
Got em :thumbup:
Cheers Al. Sat nav updated, toothbrush packed, tires kicked.
Ready to Rock an Roll :Rock1: ....I just need a pee first..is that an age thing??? :oops:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Hope all went well in sunny Yorkshire today boys n gals?! Fantastic weather for fly-swatting & riding in Gods own county. As I said I would've loved to ride along but work got in the way. Managed to get away for 11am so rode up to Pateley from home. I did a circular route which went from Pateley through Grassington, Aysgarth, Hawes, Buttertubs, Tan Hill, Reeth, Leyburn, Masham & back to Pateley. 180 miles total from home. The bike was faultless (except for a wierd speedo fluctuation, gonna investigate - reg/rec or sensor reading previous posts?) and I think the old gal loved having a damn fine shakedown. Not sure if our paths would've crossed at some point but hope you all had a great weekend riding, all the best.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

We went to the same places so if you saw some non firestorms parked up with the riders standing round looking at there phones, that could have been usImage

We were going to do the 240mile loop including Whitby, but we lost too much time after loosing people on 3 separate occasions with some very curious errors in the 2nd man drop off marking system.
But on the plus side, the weather was fantastic, and the roads didn’t disappoint.

Gabi and Victor did us proud by delivering a van load of beer and bbq provisions before going home and getting their bikes. And that resulted in a great party both Friday and Saturday nightImageImage.

PeteL and Tony.Mon came up to my house on the Friday morning and we had a great ride up taking the interesting roads and we met up with Cheekykev for the last 50miles. Although Kev wouldn’t be out riding with us Saturday so he rode home after bbq.

BBQ and talking bollox were the order of the night. ImageImageImage

Saturday we had 10 bikes out on the ride with only 3 firestorms (flatline, markvtr1000 & victor), 2 ktms, 2 bmw, 1 Suzuki, 1 aprillia, 1 Ducati

In the end it was only Pete, Tony and I who kept riding after the various delays, and we had a great 180 miles in the sun slaughtering flys.

Then back to the digs for even more beer (thanks to Cheekykev for restocking the fridge when he and Adam came back to see us in the van later in the day).

Can’t/won’t share any photos from the evening but safe to say it was very messy and a great laugh.

Thanks to everybody for a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

There was a bit of confusion on Saturday evening when
We mistake Pete’s Suzuki for the blue recycling bin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Recycling bin would certainly rot less, and it’s probably quicker! Mwooaaar 😘
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Great to see the photo's :thumbup: Thanks Al.
Glad you have had some good weather,

Chris.