flipup screens

General Bike chat
trebs

flipup screens

Post by trebs »

This might be a bit of a grandad thing, but I'm considering getting a flipup screen. I'm a bit fed up with the shoulder and face battering of 140kph motorway cruising. I could just lay a bit flatter, but then my iffy back starts to yell at me.

Anyone got experience with aftermarket screens that :
A) Aren't some spangly colour
B) Don't make the VTR look like it's got a Rickman fairing stuck on it.
C) Blend in with the original feel and lines of the bike

It seems there are loads about, some look decent and some look naff, i.e. edge is trimmed with that black fibreglass body edging.

Ta.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

I got an MRA black tint double bouble which is good quality and does the job, but never tried a flip up.
it may be clever, but its not big.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Got a Fabbri Double Bubble that does the job well and looks the biz.
philm

Flipup screens

Post by philm »

Hi mate,
Not quite sure what you mean by flipup screen but have a look at the screen on mine.Its in page 17 of the photo gallery under misc heading.
It is a great screen and works well,looks good to, without being over the top so to speak.Sorry you will see it under the title of Phils blue vtr.Photo taken on the side of the road in lush green bush outside of Perth in Western Australia.I have ridden thousands of k's with this screen on both of my vtr's and it is lots better than the standard vtr screen.
I put DD from New Zealand onto one and he has fitted it to his vtr in kiwiland.The screens are made locally here in perth by Eagle Screens and they do ship all over the world.Finish is above average for an aftermarket screen.It looks really great on the vtr.They sell for about $120 over here,so if you are interested send me a post and I will look up their website for you
Regards Philm
philm/Stormboy
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I went for the flip up one.
Not the sexiest looking thing out there but with all the winter riding I was doing the extra protection from the rain made it worth it. Also the lid still catches the air so it doesn't steam up as quick in the cold and the rain blows off nicely.

Pete.l
trebs

Post by trebs »

cheers for the input, chaps. I think I'll look about for a doublebubble type, preferably in clear too.