VFR front wheel swap

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
KingNog

VFR front wheel swap

Post by KingNog »

Hi all
Hopefully I'm not doubling up on an existing thread, did look but couldn't find anything dedicated to it. I'm fitting VFR800 wI sssa and front and rear wheels to my Firestorm project. Just wondered if anyone has direct experience of fitting the VFR front wheel to Firestorm forks? I'm hoping it's simply a matter of appropriately sized replacement bearings and jobs a good'n. Anyone know for sure? I don't currently have a VTR front axle to offer up despite having the forks and the VFR wheel.
popkat

Re: VFR front wheel swap

Post by popkat »

Last of the VFR750 front wheels is what you want if your looking for a straight fit.
The 800 wheel requires wheels spacers making up and caliper spacers as the discs don't line up. the 750 wheel is same fitment as storm, easier fit and looks the same as the 800.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
KingNog

Re: VFR front wheel swap

Post by KingNog »

Nice one, thanks Popkat.
Anyone wanna but a VFR800 front wheel?? :lol: just kidding, I got it for nowt with a good tyre on it. I can get spacers machined for the cost of a pizza or two. Thanks again.