THIS EVIL WEATHER!!!!!

General Biker Banter
Squiffythewombat

THIS EVIL WEATHER!!!!!

Post by Squiffythewombat »

hi all,

Ive had to come home for a seista, its about 34degrees on the tarmac at my local scene, far too hot for me!! was wondering if anyone else isnt a fan of such heat??

People must love it as theres hundrads of bikes out today, sadly many piloted by t-shirt and trainer wearing numpties!!

Toby
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

What's going on? We must have swapped weather or something! It's been raining for about two days straight here... 8O Who's responsible? I had to find some plastics to wear to work today! :?
trebs

Post by trebs »

I've been out and about all weekend for photo work. Car only trips though. Airco just rules.
Mid 30'sC and getting warmer tomorrow. That is WAY too hot for me to ride.
I'm a strict leathers bloke and just cringe when I see the 100's of Sunday riders out there in flip flops and bikini's. Makes my skin crawl just at the thought. It does make me wonder why they even bother wearing a lid when dressed like that. Mind you, most leave the straps flapping anyway.

I'll go out for a ride later though, on the back side of 7pm. when most of the "numpties" are either in Casualty, or tucked up behind their TV.
The last think I want is some scatily clad R1 rider+pillion GF trying to pose near me.
trebs

Post by trebs »

VTRgirl, I think the thermostat has busted. the globe is going barmy.
25c is just fine for me, any more and I feel like a VTR in a traffic jam. Too warm.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

25?! People'd be firing up the lekky blankies over here at that temperature! Okay, maybe not quite... but I get the feeling sparky hasn't chosen the best time of year (Christmas) for a pom to venture down under...
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

why does it really get that hot vtr maybe i'll do canada at christmas and oz in july
The voices made me do it
Squiffythewombat

VTRgirl wrote: I had to find some plastics to wear to work today! :?

we're not talking PVC girl :-)

yeah im popping out now, its about 9ish so its loverlly and cool and i can still hear bikes razzing about!

trebs whats this photo work then?> im getting really into my photos recently, im hoping to buy a digital SLR soon if i can :-)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

BigD

Post by BigD »

yeh, 9ish my butt :wink: you're forgettin the posts have times (7.48pm)
:wink: :wink: You just can't wait to get out can you, know how you feel!!
BigD

Post by BigD »

..........I forgot about the hour time difference..in KENT!!!!!!
Squiffythewombat

bah, well i thought it was about 9ish, certainly felt that way, lol! but now it feels like 3am, LOL

i had a close call actually, some cop parked up round our favourite section without lights and whatched us for ages, then he comes over and says:

"shall i go back and get my speed camera?"

I was like oooooo dear, but on the other hand quizzed him about knee sliding and apparently he said thats its near enough impossible to prosecute and as long as your doing it safely (no evil back wheel wobble) then your perfectly within the law :-)

its also still 19degrees outside! jokes!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sparky750 wrote:why does it really get that hot vtr maybe i'll do canada at christmas and oz in july
Probably be a tad more what you're used to. Can get up to 40 odd around Christmas... 8O No pretty snow for us! We started "Winter" 1st June & Bris is currently 20deg & Sydney's 19...
Squiffythewombat wrote:we're not talking PVC girl :-)
Just imagining storming through town in Rocky Horror gear! :roll: :lol:
Sharpe1

Re: THIS EVIL WEATHER!!!!!

Post by Sharpe1 »

Squiffythewombat wrote:hi all,

Ive had to come home for a seista, its about 34degrees on the tarmac at my local scene, far too hot for me!! was wondering if anyone else isnt a fan of such heat??

People must love it as theres hundrads of bikes out today, sadly many piloted by t-shirt and trainer wearing numpties!!

Toby
Wombat, I ride in Draggin's, which are jeans with kevlar in the right places(I don't know if you've got them over there) and a summer jacket which is basically mesh with body armour and kevlar panels. Even in winter in the middle of the day it's comfy, although at night or early morning it's nice to have a warm jacket on. In summer when it's 30 or 40deg it still gets hot in the summer jacket but if you can keep moving it's not too bad.
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
d&s

Post by d&s »

Sharpe1 wrote:
Squiffythewombat wrote:hi all,

Toby
Wombat, I ride in Draggin's, which are jeans with kevlar in the right places(I don't know if you've got them over there) and a summer jacket which is basically mesh with body armour and kevlar panels. Even in winter in the middle of the day it's comfy, although at night or early morning it's nice to have a warm jacket on. In summer when it's 30 or 40deg it still gets hot in the summer jacket but if you can keep moving it's not too bad.
Think you nailed it with the keep moving bit. It would be pretty hard for them to do that down all those little lanes with so many people around. Sorta like being in Sydney, hey.
Aahh. So nice to have such an open country. 8)
Submariners go down for a living..!!

dark&stormy
(the bike stupid)
trebs

Post by trebs »

Squiffythewombat wrote: trebs whats this photo work then?> im getting really into my photos recently, im hoping to buy a digital SLR soon if i can :-)
Squiffy, Saturday I was covering a historical re-enactment dealie, was a good show too.
Sunday was a re-enactment of the US&UK troops liberating a nearby village. was p*ss poor too. Apart from the public safety issues of a Sherman tank thundering down a crowded highstreet to scare off a handfull of enthusiastic lads dressed in combat gear.
It's not all fun & glamour, this photo lark.
trebs

Post by trebs »

Sharpe1 wrote: Wombat, I ride in Draggin's, which are jeans with kevlar in the right places(I don't know if you've got them over there) and a summer jacket which is basically mesh with body armour and kevlar panels. Even in winter in the middle of the day it's comfy, although at night or early morning it's nice to have a warm jacket on. In summer when it's 30 or 40deg it still gets hot in the summer jacket but if you can keep moving it's not too bad.
I've seen those armoured mesh jackets here, now you mention it.
They're a bit like frame sliders for bodies :)