VTR track bike conversion

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

gilson

Re: VTR track bike conversion

Post by gilson »

I had my fairings painted and they look amazing. The logos are airbrushed. The honda sign on the tank is special, but it's all amazing.

A few other mechanical updates were added over winter but the engine is standard.

ImageImageImage
No bike (yet).
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

That looks fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Bikes looking very smart mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
gilson

Post by gilson »

Thanks chaps, I'm really pleased with it.

Just hoping I don't slide it down the track.

Brand new Diablo Supercorsa should be inspiring.
No bike (yet).
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Very nice.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

gilson wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:52 pm Thanks chaps, I'm really pleased with it.

Just hoping I don't slide it down the track. That'll give you the hump... :wink:

Brand new Diablo Supercorsa should be inspiring.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

gilson wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:17 pm I had my fairings painted and they look amazing. The logos are airbrushed. The honda sign on the tank is special, but it's all amazing.

A few other mechanical updates were added over winter but the engine is standard.

ImageImageImage
That's looking great Gilson 8)

Chris.
Robert j

Post by Robert j »

Now that's a nice looking storm :cool2
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

That is bloody lovely mate, the Honda logo is the dogs danglies :thumbup:

Now you have to make sure you don't crash it 8O

When's your first track day?
AMcQ
gilson

Post by gilson »

AMCQ46 wrote:That is bloody lovely mate, the Honda logo is the dogs danglies Image

Thank you!

Going to Snetterton for an evening session today.

No bike (yet).
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

gilson wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:51 am
AMCQ46 wrote:That is bloody lovely mate, the Honda logo is the dogs danglies Image

Thank you!

Going to Snetterton for an evening session today.
Good luck :thumbup:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hope all went well mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I also hope all went well Gilson,

Chris.
gilson

Post by gilson »

It went really well thanks, no accidents, although my front brake was loose and leaking after the first session! Holy hell. All good though.

Had a great time with my mate on a low mileage '98 R1. They are still so very rapid. But the grunt and confidence inspiring ride of the Firestorm hunted him down a few corners later.

The lightened flywheel makes such a difference which I'm appreciating more and more.

It's difficult to separate the braced swing arm from new tyres, but it tips in very quickly, almost falling down, is very stable in the corner and just encourages an early fully open throttle. Wonderful!

I met a fellow firestorm owner who has a GSXR for a track bike. It's in Lucky Strike colours and looks amazing. He has a Firestorm as a road bike and came over when I was loading it on to the trailer. I mentioned this forum, so hoping he joins, I mean, how could he not know about this place?!

He said two things. He was annoyed that I kept going past him on a Firestorm (of all bikes), but not as annoyed as his friend on a V4 Ducati. I'd like to think I'm a good rider but it's easy to think that when your not riding a 20K+ bike. It was well taken and well meant. And please note that I'm in the lower/medium group, certainly not the fast group.

I hope there are some good pics but I wasn't paying any attention to where the photographer was. Too busy concentrating.

An excellent day.
No bike (yet).
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

gilson wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:22 pm It went really well thanks, no accidents, although my front brake was loose and leaking after the first session! Holy hell. All good though.

Had a great time with my mate on a low mileage '98 R1. They are still so very rapid. But the grunt and confidence inspiring ride of the Firestorm hunted him down a few corners later.

The lightened flywheel makes such a difference which I'm appreciating more and more.

It's difficult to separate the braced swing arm from new tyres, but it tips in very quickly, almost falling down, is very stable in the corner and just encourages an early fully open throttle. Wonderful!

I met a fellow firestorm owner who has a GSXR for a track bike. It's in Lucky Strike colours and looks amazing. He has a Firestorm as a road bike and came over when I was loading it on to the trailer. I mentioned this forum, so hoping he joins, I mean, how could he not know about this place?!

He said two things. He was annoyed that I kept going past him on a Firestorm (of all bikes), but not as annoyed as his friend on a V4 Ducati. I'd like to think I'm a good rider but it's easy to think that when your not riding a 20K+ bike. It was well taken and well meant. And please note that I'm in the lower/medium group, certainly not the fast group.

I hope there are some good pics but I wasn't paying any attention to where the photographer was. Too busy concentrating.

An excellent day.
That's good to hear all went very well, well apart from the front brake leaking of course, although I'm glad it didn't have any big issues.

It sounds like you had a great time, and the bike did good 8) 8)
You can't really ask for more than that :wink:

Chris.