The bike you regret selling

General Bike chat
AMCQ46

The bike you regret selling

Post by AMCQ46 »

Just picking up on a comment in the welcome inn, I thought it would be good to start a thread on the bikes we once owned, and with hindsight we now regret selling them.

For me it was 2 bikes

First my GS1000S Suzuki I had when I was 21, not sure if it is any consolation, but it was nicked, so I didn't really make the decision to sell :(
That was a great do anything bike, the ultimate UJM.

The other was my first enduro bike for green laneing, my KDX200 Kawasaki. Good sized tank, great tractable bottom end / mid range torque, good suspension & seat. I sold it for more serious off road machines, but they never matched the versatility and useabilty of the KDX.

Other bikes like the 400 SuperDream Honda I didn't loose any sleep when I sold that :lol:
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Re: The bike you regret selling

Post by grumpyfrog »

Zxr750rr k
One of the limited productions. Spent a year trying to figure out why she would not rev fully then filled my trousers on the 1st run when it was sorted.
Don't get me wrong, this was a crippling bike to ride, but gawd was she fun.
Sold it to my brothers mate to get my 1st storm. She's still sitting in a garage in Wales parked up from the month after I sold it....
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

GPZ600R, when they first came out got an import 1 of only 25 in green in the UK...

Was nicked... :(

Replaced that with a NS400R, sweet handling little thing...sold it to buy a bed! New relationship I very much regret selling that but on the flip side had a lot of fun in the bed... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I rode a Kawasaki KE175 in a travelling stunt team in the late 1970s (77 - 80).
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... egg-411366

I found the one of the ones i actually rode for sale in the early 1980s. It was pretty much as i last saw it. I had to have it obviously

However, for some reason we parted company, i cant even remember how or why.

That would certainly be a much treasured possession now.

The longest jump i did on it was 5 cars and 5 bikes. And in those days it was ramp to ground jumping.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

StuartWags wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:58 pm I rode a Kawasaki KE175 in a travelling stunt team

However, for some reason we parted company, i cant even remember how or why.

The longest jump i did on it was 5 cars and 5 bikes. And in those days it was ramp to ground jumping.
I would have thought you would have parted company half a second after touchdown, that was my usual result when I tried that sort of game!

For me it was Triumph T150v, with drum brakes front and rear and raygun pipes as standard. It was one of the first 100 built, the Triumph badged version of the Rocket three.

Sold it as it was rotting in the garden when I was banned for a year, and needed the primary drive bearing replacing, as I didn't understand how to adjust the slack correctly.

Gotta be worth a bit now...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I would have thought you would have parted company half a second after touchdown, that was my usual result when I tried that sort of game!
there were a few incidents but nothing serious fortunataly. Mainly fliping it
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

god way back in the 80s :eek2 my first proper bike as in 4 cylinder a yamaha xj550. the guy i sold it to still has it and wont part with it :redface .

also an early FZ750, loved that thing and my biggest regret prob a guzzi mk4 le-mans. god knows why but it had a charm..

bikes i never wana see again ,a kawa KLR600 and a ZX7r...horrible
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tattie

Post by tattie »

My First bike, an old XL250k3 Reg, OST 311S

Not fast, but good memories of knocking around with pals on their bikes as you did in those days.

I swapped it plus cash for a black LC 250 Reg DAS 231W in 1982, night and day regarding speed!!

The XL was a great machine and I wish I still had it.
Common sense ain't all that common!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Don’t think I regret parting with them but I do miss them . Think the one I miss the most is piggie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I don't really have a bike I regret selling. Although I do wish I still had some of the old British bikes I had over the years. I also enjoyed the years with my Suzuki GS1000, although mine was not the sports version like Al's. I took my GSThou to the IOM TT.

The best off-road bike I had was a two-stroke Rickman Montessa 250cc Scrambler (now referred to as a moto crosser),

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:46 pm Don’t think I regret parting with them but I do miss them . Think the one I miss the most is piggie
Which bike was Piggie :?:

I remember Kermit of course 8)
And the trick Fireblade you had before Kermit,

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

My TRX850, wasn't quick enough at the time - would be perfect now :crazy:

Sweet bike, am actually thinking of selling the XSR700 to get a tourer such as a Bandit 1250GT or a BMW F800GT, will probably regret that too!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I do miss my Storm more often than not

Jamie :wave:
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

GSX 1100 sz Kat enough said :( , ohh and the bike I passed my test Honda 250 XL's.
Storming About :thumbup: