R reg firestorm for sale - not currently running

Moderator: VTRDark

markbo

R reg firestorm for sale - not currently running

Post by markbo »

Due to health and other issues over the past couple years i've not used my 'storm. Also like a complete idiot i've failed to keep it turning over so when i tried to start it about a month ago it wouldn't. Not being very mechanical I asked a friend who is a bike mechanic to take a look and he's advised me of the following problems: Front carb has flooded and now needs an overhaul (he advises doing both at the same time), the neutral switch has an intermittent fault and should be replaced, the starter motor is lazy (not helped by forward cylinder being full of fuel and hydraulicing) and the terminal is corroded, the speedo drive is weeping oil, couple of hose connections weeping coolant and the choke cable mounting is broken. Whilst he would do the work for me I would only be moving the bike on afterwards so it's possibly a good project for someone? Whilst i was using the bike i never had any major problems with it. It's R reg, yellow and has done 31,500 miles. Anyone here interested in it or any advice on the sort of price i should be asking? I'll put up some pictures tomorrow....Thanks in advance for any help. Mark
tony.mon

Re: R reg firestorm for sale - not currently running

Post by tony.mon »

Mac? Number eighteen or whatever you're on now?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Re: R reg firestorm for sale - not currently running

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:11 pm Mac? Number eighteen or whatever you're on now?
Ha Ha. That would be 16 Tony...

Dependent on price I might be intrested...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...