Wicky's bike

General Bike chat
MacV2

Wicky's bike

Post by MacV2 »

So it went to NI.

Thankfully to someone who's going to ues it buy the look of it...

This posted up on the F/B page.

Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm owners!
Iain McConnell · 9h ·
Evening everyone, just like to introduce myself. I am the proud new owner of John Hepburn's storm. Only got it delivered yesterday as I'm in Northern Ireland. I didn't know John and joined here after he sadly passed but can see he was a fountain of knowledge. My plan is to get the bike road worthy and enjoy it. I was thinking that in memory of John I would like to get a decal designed for the bike but am open to other suggestions/ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4805989 ... 5336896550
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Re: Wicky's bike

Post by Jamoi »

Great news, I bet Wicky would have liked the idea of his Storm starting a new life in Ireland and by the sounds of it, the new owner plans to look after it
Jamie :wave:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Great news that it will be ridden and not broken
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That’s good news. Hope he enjoys the bike :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MGoBlue

Post by MGoBlue »

New owner is wanting a tribute decal. What say we give him one!
2835AF7F-D26A-4FBD-930A-9C00EB82A90F.jpeg
My favorite photo of John. Maybe this, minus background, with John “Wicky” Hepburn and the year of birth to passing?

I’ve talked to Ralf, he says about 5euros with a 30 count minimum. What say ye?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mac, That is great news I agree :D

I'd be open to any suggestions for the new owner regarding a tribute decal for Wicky :thumbup:

Chris.
gilson

Post by gilson »

MGoBlue wrote:New owner is wanting a tribute decal. What say we give him one!
My favorite photo of John. Maybe this, minus background, with John “Wicky” Hepburn and the year of birth to passing?

Last edited by gilson on Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No bike (yet).
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

gilson wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:39 pm

With the powers bestowed on me from the devine, I now canonised you. Henceforth you shall now be know as Saint Mac.

You are a good man.

Er... I'm not MGoBlue...Typical of the devine to screw thing up...
gilson

Post by gilson »

MacV2 wrote:
gilson wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:39 pm

With the powers bestowed on me from the devine, I now canonised you. Henceforth you shall now be know as Saint Mac.

You are a good man.

Er... I'm not MGoBlue...Typical of the devine to screw thing up...
No bike (yet).
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

The new owner of the bike is only 30 miles away from me so i hope to get a run down and have a chin wag with him and report back whats happening to the bike :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
iainers

Post by iainers »

Hey guys, thank you for starting this post before I joined up. I have put a post up in the new members section but can confirm that Wicky's bike has been given a good wash and the fairing is on its way to be painted. The bike was obviously sitting in the elements for a while so there is a lot of corrosion/rust but hopefully I can't sort that. Any tips will be much appreciated. Looking forward to getting it back on the road and enjoying it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iainers wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:42 pm Hey guys, thank you for starting this post before I joined up. I have put a post up in the new members section but can confirm that Wicky's bike has been given a good wash and the fairing is on its way to be painted. The bike was obviously sitting in the elements for a while so there is a lot of corrosion/rust but hopefully I can't sort that. Any tips will be much appreciated. Looking forward to getting it back on the road and enjoying it.
if your looking bits and bobs for it drop me a line iv a few bits sitting about in the cave might help out :thumbup:
iainers

Post by iainers »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 pm
iainers wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:42 pm Hey guys, thank you for starting this post before I joined up. I have put a post up in the new members section but can confirm that Wicky's bike has been given a good wash and the fairing is on its way to be painted. The bike was obviously sitting in the elements for a while so there is a lot of corrosion/rust but hopefully I can't sort that. Any tips will be much appreciated. Looking forward to getting it back on the road and enjoying it.
if your looking bits and bobs for it drop me a line iv a few bits sitting about in the cave might help out :thumbup:
Really appreciate this offer, yes what do you have, always open to purchasing some goodies!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iainers wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:52 pm
Really appreciate this offer, yes what do you have, always open to purchasing some goodies!
not so much goodies but iv kinda ended up with various bits from bikes that have passed through me the last lot of years.. have a good check over and any bits looking rough or rusty let me know il have a root about
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:06 pm
iainers wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:52 pm

not so much goodies but iv kinda ended up with various bits from bikes that have passed through me the last lot of years.. have a good check over and any bits looking rough or rusty let me know il have a root about
Plenty in stock @ Frank & Mac's Spares Corp...

See here... viewtopic.php?f=38&t=44952

& here...viewtopic.php?f=38&t=44956

:lol: :lol: :thumbup: