Devon Storm 2022 June 17th - 20th Booked

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

DevonStorm2022 The Diary of A Frank. Pt 2

Post by MacV2 »

So onwards we sped, M4 To M5 & down to Junction 19...FGFW moved over to the left hand lane nice & early to warn the others & watched Duffy shoot by & overtake a truck & into the outside lane...quickly followed by Doc Mons who charged up next to him to wrangle him over to the off ramp...One very dodgy cut across a car on the inside lane later they both dived into the off ramp in front of us...This was relayed to me by FGFW after we stopped & he had stopped laughing...
Parked up to find Alisons Storm & Pete Yoda L's Blue Zook...

Went inside & found them joined the Q for grub but gave that up as a waste of time as the Q was an hour to be served... Grabbed a sandwich & a drink from another overpriced shop instead.

Then we were greated by FB Phil & Ivor/Viktor/Igor (take your pick..)

Sandwich done FGFW & Yoda went outside for a smerk...
DS22 8.jpg
Yoda wasn't coming with us to the HO! as he was local he just met up for a chat & a Man Hug.

Refreshed & watered off we went to the £2.02 per litre fule stop 8O Then onwards to the HO!

Met on site by the hero that is Malc O'Popkat
DS22 12.jpg
A long day in the tank bag boy it was tough apparently FGFW had a cramp on the way in hahahaha

At the chalets For a Storm meet it was good to see 3 Storms !
DS22 9.jpg
Even if two of them were yella...
DS22 11.jpg
Missing from this line up & yet to arrive was Igor on his FJR land yatch...Apprently somewhere on the M5 after Gordano, he had a rear blow out...He called the AA who found out it was a hole/crack in the valve stem... 8O After pummping it up well over max he carefully rode it to the next services where a new valve was wrangled in. Eventualy he rode in to the HO! & made it to the chalets about 2 hrs later.

Un pack & claim your bunks. Change into civis, walk downto the local shop to porcure food for the evening & beers.

A jolly eve was had, many a beer was consumed, much taking of the pish as is the norm for these gathering apparently... Edit as I forgot...At some point inthe gathering drizzel, the guys went down to the Pier House, to gatecrash a wedding reception, basiacly to watch a firework display. I didnt go as was asleep in the tankbag & no feker woke me up Bastids... Any way after being kicked out when it closed they wobbled back, carried on drinking & talking bolacks...

Gave up & hit the sack about midnight...

It was a long day & tomorrow the ride out...Already looking forward to it...
DS22 13.jpg
Taken on Sat morning in the gloom of impending rain...

To be continued...
Last edited by MacV2 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Devon Storm 2022 June 17th - 20th Booked

Post by sirch345 »

The Diary of A Frank. :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Chris.
Phil Treadgold

Post by Phil Treadgold »

Great write up. Looking forward to next chapter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ah the misadventures of Frank, it's not often he leaves the web :clap:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Loving Franks Frank review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

DevonStorm2022 The Diary of A Frank. Pt 3

Post by MacV2 »

So Saturday day two of a mad adventure... Dawned a bit gloomy with various weather apps being checked & all saying different things...
DS22 15.jpg
Off the bunch of idiots all headed to the local cafe leaving me behind again !

When they got back we just had to wait for Malc but decided to meet him at the local fule station/ bank robbers...

Phil & Igor decided to head off on their own to visit a freind & left well befor the rest of us...

FGFW decided to go full waterproofs just in case...
DS22 16.jpg
Off we set with Malc taking point on his VFR & roaring off into the distance depite the damp roads...
It wasnt too wet despite the given outlook & as we headed south towards Exeter it dried up & the sun almost came out...

At a slight regroup along the way as Malcs bike had decided to stop working...Turns out it was just a flat battery a quick push, downhill it burst into life & ran ok for the rest of the day running without lights.

We made it into Exeter about lunch time & went to the cafe for some grub & then the motorcycle shop to look at bikes...

FGFW decided to dump the full wet gear on the ride back.

All regrouped back at HQ it was decided to order a chinky for dinner to be delivered later on.

FGFW did all the ordering & organising the table & whatnot & sorted out the order when it came.

More beer was gathered & when the food arrived a nice family meal all around the table took place with almost no arguing...!

By all acounts the food was enjoyed but as they didnt have any flies on the menu I went without again !

Waiter waiter theres a fly in my soup ! Whats he doing in there? Looks like the backstroke to me... Bam Boom Tish... I'll get me web on the way out...

After dinner & after FGFW had cleaned up off down the pub for more booze & a single game of pool as the table broke after the first game...

Back to the huts & after a music & beer fest off to bed...

Sleep the sleep ready for Sundays ride out...

To be honest all this booze on an empty stomach wasnt good for me...
DS22 45.jpg
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:lol: :lol: Good job Mac :clap: :thumbup:

Chris.
Phil Treadgold

Post by Phil Treadgold »

Brilliant!
MacV2

DevonStorm2022 The Diary of A Frank. Pt 4

Post by MacV2 »

Sorry for the delay...FGFW has had me working in the cave over the last few days, picking this, looking for that, fixing this, making that. Packing & booking stuff...Bloody Slave driver, makes tea for his mates that turn up...Do i get a drink ? Do I fek...I say mates they probaly hate him as much as I do !

Anyway rant over back to Devon.

Sunday morning up bright & early.
DS22 24.jpg
A bit groggy from the night before but alert enough for FGFW to throw the leftovers of Saturdays Chinky on to the roofs of the chalets... Instant attack of the local shitehawks to feed & make a racket over the bedrooms of those still slumbering... :lol: :lol:

Works every year !

Today the sun is up, the skys are clear...
DS22 26.jpg
Phill & Igor left early to head for home, work to go to on Monday morn...
DS22 21.jpg
Meanwhile the rest of us headed into the HO! for another raid on the local cafe...
This time I was allowed to come along for some munch...
DS22 28.jpg
DS22 29.jpg
DS22 30.jpg
DS22 31.jpg
...To be continued...
MacV2

DevonStorm2022 The Diary of A Frank. Pt 4 continued...

Post by MacV2 »

... So after breakie we headed back to HQ via the sea wall, far less up hill to navigate for the ageing wonkers...
DS22 32.jpg
DS22 33.jpg
Bin shot not really 100% on this one as I'm not a dog !
DS22 34.jpg
DS22 35.jpg
Anyhoo back to the chalets & await Malc to come by on the Kat ...
Malcs Kat.jpg
Off we set heading to Bude nice run no major issues, bit of traffic all in the wrong places as per the norm. Not that i could see much from inside the tank bag...

Stopped for a spot of lunch in town...
DS22 39.jpg
DS22 40.jpg
Made the wonkers do some silly posing to pass the time.
DS22 41.jpg

Headed bak to the HO!

Final eve & final instalment to follow...
MacV2

DevonStorm2022 The Diary of A Frank. Pt 5 the final chapter.

Post by MacV2 »

So back at HO! HQ for a final night... Bit of a relax in the evening Sun...
DS22 25.jpg
Whatched the sun set over another fantastic weekend.
DS22 44.jpg
Good freinds, Beer & food, Hooning around, more beer, music, laughs & new memories, possibly some more beer...
DS22 49.jpg
Thanks Malc you utter hero...

Off down the Waterfront Pub in town. Bit of a panic as Malc O'Popkat seemed to have misslaid his wallet... He was in a bit of a panic worring about the local skagg heads spending his money as he thought it may have been lost on the bus on the way down... Searched the car & the car park with no luck. I think it was a ruse to not buy a round meself... However FGFW stepped up & bought him food, not buying a round not really an issue.
DS22 42.jpg
FGFW & Alison went out for a sneaky smerk...
DS22 43.jpg
Few more beers then back to HQ for a music & drinking eve wild stories all the normal general bolacks the good news Malcs wallet was found safe & sound nestling in the armchair he was sitting in before we left for the pub..Oh how we laughed...

Final goodnights... Hazy heads in the morning, pack up, tidy up, load up & off we trundle homeward bound on a sunny Monday morning.
DS22 47.jpg
FGFW, Doc Mons, Duffett & Alison headed off with Alison splitting off to hoon home via Wales, the rest of us headed off down the A303, less boring than the M4 but shite with traffic.

Nearly lost Duffy on a late call to dive into a fule stop..Appolgies for that.. :oops:

We finaly split up at the M26 junction & several hours & 731 miles later... Home...
DS22 50.jpg
I have some cleaning to do now ...
DS22 51.jpg
Malc, FGFW, Doc, Duffy, Alison, Snorky Phil & Igor... Thanks for a great weekend. See you all again in 2023 for another round of madness.

Apologies for any spilling or grimer mistooks I'm a fecking Spider !
Last edited by MacV2 on Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Excellent write up 😀😂 from a great weekend 👍

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
Phil Treadgold

Post by Phil Treadgold »

Great write up. Fantastic weekend.
sirch345
Site Admin