New VTR rider..project

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
gtecomp

Re: New VTR rider..project

Post by gtecomp »

Those day I wait for cheap wide band sensor...to start tuning, but you know... shortages of everything Till then I play with idle. I put boost solenoid for idle control...100Hz is the end of the poor thing, but It manage to handle the good range of rpm's. I was able to gain steady 1250rpm (+/- 25 rpm), with close loop idle settings...so I'm generally happy. I don't remember how should be original idle speed and how stable was...but this should work.

I wonder...should I:
- to take control over speedometer...just for sweep function, when ignition is turned on...to be the same with tacho.
- take control over cooling fan...now is switching on 100 deg celsius ...
gtecomp

Post by gtecomp »

okey... okey...we have first 100 km test riding and mapping. It's annoying process...riding and watching AFR, logging and stopping at tank station to upload changes, when you in hurry to your work job. But I have some results...I try to tune it for 12.8-13 AFR and 14,5 for idle and more or less is happening. I don't know if there is any power added since I haven't ride the bike...6 months...and totally before diassemble the bike, I have 200 km of riding the bike.

So:
- the bike 'moves'
- max speed that I reach is 220km/h...
- fuel consuption for now is 6-7 l per 100km...but we'll see.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Did you fit one or two llambda sensors?
I used one in each downpipe- that enabled me to tune each carb separately and as needed for that cylinder.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gtecomp

Post by gtecomp »

just one...where two pipes met each others....under right foot peg
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

So if one runs rich and one runs weak you won't know... Except for a plug chop.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gtecomp

Post by gtecomp »

I rarely find somebody to talk about this kind of project...most of people said '...you have a lot of free time..' But if they have all the time in the world, 99,9% of them couldn't build, what I'm building completly alone.

So I think project was very clean from technical point of view ...pump is build in the tank, airbox is OEM wiring is almost original too. So I put the end point of the project and writing here and switch to another one .... old one, which I dug out recently from the dust.

I was nice to meet you, I receive many good knowledge and advices!

Andrey out!