happy 6th birthday dori.

General Bike chat
fabiostar

Re: happy 6th birthday dori.

Post by fabiostar »

Chris .iv always run my bikes a little hard on the rear over the years but with this one it just didnt work.. which means one of two things.
1. dori is already quite stiff chassis wise.
2. iv been wrong since 1981 :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I also ran a Hagon shock and it worked for me- I also like a lot of weight over the front. Maybe that's a good indicator- if you like a front end loaded up, a Hagon works well, even though it's not as adjustable.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:09 pm I also ran a Hagon shock and it worked for me- I also like a lot of weight over the front. Maybe that's a good indicator- if you like a front end loaded up, a Hagon works well, even though it's not as adjustable.
that was my thinking :clap: . once its set for me i dont have to worry about luggage or two up riding so i can leave well alone :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:32 pm Chris .iv always run my bikes a little hard on the rear over the years but with this one it just didnt work.. which means one of two things.
1. dori is already quite stiff chassis wise.
2. iv been wrong since 1981 :lol: :lol:
A lot of things come into play when you talk about suspension etc on a motorcycle, and that's before you even bring in personal opinions of likes and dislikes of how you want the bike to behave.
The main thing is Rob, you now have something you're happy with :clap: :thumbup:
tony.mon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:09 pm I also ran a Hagon shock and it worked for me- I also like a lot of weight over the front. Maybe that's a good indicator- if you like a front end loaded up, a Hagon works well, even though it's not as adjustable.
Cheers Tony for your post :thumbup:
fabiostar wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:50 pm
that was my thinking :clap: . once its set for me i dont have to worry about luggage or two up riding so i can leave well alone :thumbup:

That's the same for me :thumbup:

Chris.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

6 years already... they grow so fast :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Shauned71 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:26 pm 6 years already... they grow so fast :lol:
and just like children at times you could strangle them :lol: :lol:
YoshSuperhawk

Post by YoshSuperhawk »

Such a great bike and very clean. Happy birthday Dori!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

had my spare wheel painted a while back and thats the excuse i had to change out the front Dymag.. its just getting to old so its retired to the wall along with the rear. few we bits and bobs tidied and mori stacks back in. this years wheel colour is brought to you by white. i actually like it and its not just as icecream van looking :lol: :lol: its still marmite tho :clap:

lets be avin ya 2022 :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

the white wheel is just not lairy enough :lol:
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:26 am the white wheel is just not lairy enough :lol:
Agree with you Al.It just don't look right.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I think the front white wheel could grow on me, as you have other bits of white on the bike to match it. It's just that we are used to seeing it in orange.
Whether it's lairy enough is another question :lol:

What has surprised me more than anything though, is the darkness of the blue paintwork in the photo's, I guess the camera sensor has over compensated for the bright sunshine :D as it normally comes out a lighter shade of blue.
At least the sun is shining 8)

I can't blame you for replacing the front wheel after your experience with the rear,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Ay it was strange light that day :cool2 . its not as dark in real life..

the wheel colour im gona see if it grows on me. if not iv another front wheel i might go back to icecream van red who knows :lol: but its running better than ever so happy as :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:48 pm Ay it was strange light that day :cool2 . its not as dark in real life..

the wheel colour im gona see if it grows on me. if not iv another front wheel i might go back to icecream van red who knows :lol: but its running better than ever so happy as :clap:
:thumbup: 8)

Chris.