The joys of fitting a new under tray

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
JCR

The joys of fitting a new under tray

Post by JCR »

Hi fellow VTR lovers :D not been on here for ages but while resting after another pancreatitis flair up I thought I’d drop by and see what’s happening in the world of VTR ownership and share my winter project mods and the joys of fitting a new under tray :roll: and what a faf it’s been and by the time I’ve finished my new exhaust build you won’t be able to hardly see the dam thing anyway :lol: :?

sirch345
Site Admin

Re: The joys of fitting a new under tray

Post by sirch345 »

That looks a tasty machine with it's S/Sided swingarm, we need more pic's :D

Nice work with the undertray,

Chris.
JCR

Post by JCR »

Thanks Chris, yes it’s been a pain to fit but made worse by the new exhaust mounts I welded on to the sub frame as they really got in to way when trying to align the under tray in the correct position as I had to make cut outs to clear the brackets to be able to get the tray up against the sub frame Mmm yes the single sider, lol I have been reluctant to post any pics of the bike as I had the distinct impression that most peeps in the group are anti single side swing arm on the storm as it adds a bit of weight and slows up the steering a bit due to the extra length of the arm but with a few other mods to try to off set those negatives I personally think the trade of is worth it for the looks alone though I’m in the middle of quite a lot of mods to improve the bike both visually and other at the mo so the bike will look quite different from last years pics though I doubt I’ll of completed the new paint job in time for this year but as I’m doing that on a spare set of pannels and tank it won’t affect getting the bike back on the road this year but this it what the bike looked like last year

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That looks very nice mate, well done :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
JCR

Post by JCR »

Thanks Kev, this is probably a better picture from the other side of the bike but it will look different to this when it hits the road this year
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Looks good from both sides. I’ve always liked the aesthetics of the SSSA, irrespective of the geometry change. It’ll be interesting to see how this one develops. Have you got a colour scheme in mind?
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
JCR

Post by JCR »

Yeah it will eventually be black with white and red graphics based on Glenn Erwin’s leathers from the 2020 BSB season of all things lol but I doubt I’ll finish that paint scheme any time soon but there will be a few mods of the existing red for this year and I have new wheels to put on it which I’m currently painting gold and are now in base coat waiting for me to put some small graphics on then lacquer them.
This is the new rear wheel off an early VFR750 minus the lacquer coats

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:12 pm Looks good from both sides. I’ve always liked the aesthetics of the SSSA, irrespective of the geometry change. It’ll be interesting to see how this one develops. Have you got a colour scheme in mind?
I'm the same as Kev in that sense, the SSSarm looks the dogs 8)

Good work :thumbup:

Chris.

PS. The gold painted rear wheel look good too 8)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

JCR wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:48 pm Thanks Chris, yes it’s been a pain to fit but made worse by the new exhaust mounts I welded on to the sub frame as they really got in to way when trying to align the under tray in the correct position as I had to make cut outs to clear the brackets to be able to get the tray up against the sub frame Mmm yes the single sider, lol I have been reluctant to post any pics of the bike as I had the distinct impression that most peeps in the group are anti single side swing arm on the storm as it adds a bit of weight and slows up the steering a bit due to the extra length of the arm but with a few other mods to try to off set those negatives I personally think the trade of is worth it for the looks alone though I’m in the middle of quite a lot of mods to improve the bike both visually and other at the mo so the bike will look quite different from last years pics though I doubt I’ll of completed the new paint job in time for this year but as I’m doing that on a spare set of pannels and tank it won’t affect getting the bike back on the road this year but this it what the bike looked like last year

It's your bike, it's what you're happy with that counts :D

Chris.
JCR

Post by JCR »

:thumbup: Yes your right Chris it’s what makes us happy about our own bike that matters but if someone else likes it too, well that’s just a bonus eh lol.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Are you going to be in a position to bring the bike along to Mac’s Grainstorm workshop day? Plenty of appreciative folk there👍
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:13 am Are you going to be in a position to bring the bike along to Mac’s Grainstorm workshop day? Plenty of appreciative folk there👍
At least it's the correct colour...Well at the momment as he's talking about a paint job...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

JCR wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:24 pm :thumbup: Yes your right Chris it’s what makes us happy about our own bike that matters but if someone else likes it too, well that’s just a bonus eh lol.
That is very true, although I'm sure there are plenty of bikers out there who will very impressed with the SSSarm you have fitted :thumbup:

Chris.
JCR

Post by JCR »

Sorry guys only Just seen the message about the workshop day, what’s that all about?

Jon
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Thats a tidy looking bike :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: