New FireStorm-er from Italy

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Def@st

New FireStorm-er from Italy

Post by Def@st »

Hello everybody!

I'm Def@st from Modena, Italy, and tomorrow i'm going to buy a 2001 yellow VTR 1000 F with 41k km.

The bike is completely original (with hystorical certification) except for the front fork springs that are progressive HyperPro and front stainless steel brake lines.

I try to introduce myself and explain how i came across the VTR...

Last month i had to sell my beloved my'14 Z1000SX ABS Touring because i need to recover some budget in order to change my old car.
At the end, i use motorbike mainly for fun...and i must consider it just as a big, expensive toy...

So i start looking just for "something" with an engine and a couple of wheels that can give me some hours of fun during the weekend or occasionally for short trip with my girlfriend.

I concentrated my research on engines above 750cc, with nice torque but not too powerfull, something comfortable but not beeing a crossover, with 17" wheels and fun to ride.

I could say that i was simply looking for a cheaper alternative to my Z1000SX.

In the garage i still have one of my first love...a VFR 800 Fi my'1998 that unluckily at the moment is not running because of an issue occurred due to a long stop period.
I like it and a can say only good things about it, but definitely i cannot say it's really fun to ride.
My purpouse is to bring it back to shine, but i will use it for 2 up trip or daily commute to work.

I also considered to re-buy the most funny bike i had in the past...a real "joy machine"...the KTM 950 Supermoto.
It's definetly the best riding experience i had since my first bike 25 years ago.
But...with that "crazy horse" you HAVE to ride with your brain switched off...and it's not waht i'm looking for now.

Then i was just a step from buying a gorgeous my'05 FZS 1000 Fazer but i didn't find an agreement with the owner. The bike was amazing but over 4k € for a completely 17yo stock bike with no maintenance history, tires and transmission to be changed are not whorting imho.

So i had the crazy idea of start looking for a BMW R1200ST to try...on the paper could have been a solution for my needs...but probably they sold less than 10 bikes of this model in Italy and it's non so easy to find one of them. I found one that was looking nice, but the bike shop didn't allow me to ride it before buy.
I have never ridden a 1200 boxer with 17" wheels...so buying without trying would have been a gamble...so i move on looking for something else.

And at the end...scrolling some "marketplace" on internet...i saw this "big lemon" for sale near home.
I always liked it, but i was a little bit concerned about the low half-handlebars and the sporty riding position...
I decided to give "her" a chance anyway.
I can rode it just on a small private parking area of 300x300m...i instantly fell in love with the engine but i was quite disappointed by the brakes, also the bike feels light and nimble but the feeling was that the bike tends to fall inside the corner and the steering was "prone to close" at low speed...so i left the bike there and i came back home not really convinced...

To be honest i don't know why...but...the day after i woke up...i call the owner and i made an offer without thinking too much about it.
Well...tomorrow i will take "her" home.

I hope i will find the right feeling with it.

During this week i read a lot of topic on this amazing forum and now i'm quite worried about the auto CCT...
I'm not convinced about putting a manual fixed CCT, so i would like to do the stop mod but i can't recover the images from the guide on the forum and because of my poor english skills i'm not sure about what i would need to do.

Ok...this topic is becoming too long...it's better to go to sleep...tomorrow i will buy a big lemon of 192kg so i need to be well rested!

Lamps
Last edited by Def@st on Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjvw

Re: New FireStorm-er from Italy

Post by mjvw »

Welcome enjoy the big lemon, I do find it hard to put in to words how much i love my storm. :D
Storming About :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Def@st

Post by Def@st »

Just arrived at home!

Unlikely during this night i got high temperature ad a bad flou...

I think i will have to wait some days before squizing the lemon! ImageImageImage
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard from Italy, what an introduction, one of the top ten I have seen :thumbup:

Get well soon,

Chris.
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

benvenuti nel forum i love yellow bikes i have a yellow vfr800 hope you enjoy your time online
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D
gilson

Post by gilson »

Bonjournissimo!

Welcome to the forum. You'll fit right in.
No bike (yet).
pat_986

Post by pat_986 »

Hi and Welcome,
I'm a newbie too.
Here's my post viewtopic.php?t=45274

Cheers
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Welcome :D