Oil filters

General Bike chat
tony.mon

Re: Oil filters

Post by tony.mon »

I had clutch slip on a bike after an oil change, changed the oil back to a one good oil, and the clutch recovered, never had the problem again.
You might get away without changing the plates.
Didn't take long to recover, ten miles or so, no more slip.
In that case it was using fully synth when the bike was designed for semi.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:27 pm yeah Chris as you say one bike could be a clutch that was about to go but both bikes on the same weekend? and both running perfect the day before i changed them? and the suzuki ,i mean its not like all 54bhp wrecked the clutch :eek2 :eek2 .

and Dori has a clutch that has no more than 2k on it, a heavy duty EBC full kit ,the same kits iv used in many bikes and never had an issue with.

iv read the container, in german :eek2 and its actually hard to make out what it is? fully or part synth :think:

so, stick with what you know and what works :eek2
Very good advice that Rob :thumbup:

You live and you learn so they say :wink:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i just changed the frictions and left the steels in after giving them a rub with wire wool, a we short blip today confirmed my clutch is back to normal :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
ItsaKeeper

Post by ItsaKeeper »

Getting older makes me worry more…I'm now way down in a rabbit hole cross referencing SS 10W40 oil technical data sheets from different manufactures and trying to learn what it all means when I should be sorting out my sticking high/low beam switch for the MOT. The simpler thing to do is just get Motul and an OEM filter :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ItsaKeeper wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:29 am Getting older makes me worry more…I'm now way down in a rabbit hole cross referencing SS 10W40 oil technical data sheets from different manufactures and trying to learn what it all means when I should be sorting out my sticking high/low beam switch for the MOT. The simpler thing to do is just get Motul and an OEM filter :lol:
winner winner everytime :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

My 87 Cbr600 has 160,000 mls on cheap supermarket car oil..

😀