PAIR System and fuel tap.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Chris,

The two biggest things that kill CCT's are

1) left on the sidestand idling to warm up

2) engine braking ie shutting off and coasting to lose speed.

These two scenarios never happen with a race bike

Ben
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stormin Ben wrote:Chris,

The two biggest things that kill CCT's are

1) left on the sidestand idling to warm up

2) engine braking ie shutting off and coasting to lose speed.

These two scenarios never happen with a race bike

Ben
Hi Ben,
I have heard that before, but still a very valid point, especially "number 1" for anybody who hasn't,
Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Tap!

Post by Pete.L »

duzzy wrote:Oh yeah, took the tap apart. Rubber ok. Put it back together. It works fine.....no idea why it was leaking!

D :twisted:
Most likely you still had the vacuum pipe attatched and it had a little vacuum still in it when you took the fuel pipe off. Personally I never trust the diaphram and always use he fuel tap to be sure.

Pete.l
Max

Post by Max »

sirch345 wrote:
Max wrote: Yes, sorry I should have said. He didnt seem to see the need for manual ones though. We were just talking about them a bit when he did my suspension a few weeks back.
Hi Max,
Thanks for your reply mate, the reason I was curious was because I had a good chat with Roger about CCT's a few years back and I was wondering if his views on the APE CCT's had changed, but seeing as you quoted him saying "he didn't seem to see the need for manual ones though" I should think not. He did tell me though in the racing world it was unheard of one letting go, which I would have thought it to be the other way round, considering race bikes are pushed to the limit in every aspect!
cheers Chris.
If it ever did its only a walk back to the pits on a track, walking along way home really goes against the grain with me. I have had mine in a while now and am very happy with them, its mainly psychological I know but I'm only human.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Max said
I have had mine in a while now and am very happy with them, its mainly psychological I know but I'm only human.
Amen to that
Mine are going great, no rattles, no worries. Adjusted them once(front only put the rear back to where it was after the adjustment, it didn't need it) And the peace of mind is lovely :P
pete.l